JustABrick

Introducing myself

Greetings all,

My name is Jeroen (JustABrick), 49 years old and i am from the Netherlands.

I played with LEGO as a kid and now my son playes with my old bricks :) 

Playing together with my son with Lego has sparked my interest again and i ordered a load of lego (for myself haha) and i am planning to build a marblerun from Lego, fully automated offcourse :)

I hope to find answers to my questions on this forum :)

Welcome to Eurobricks @JustABrick. Great decision to join! enjoy your stay. Maybe you have already looked into that but "GBC" is the magic term for Marble run in a LEGO context. You might have seen those great constructions in Utrecht or Zwolle before COVID.

Hi Jopie, thanks for the warm welcome! 

Yes i did, i was amazing to see how a bunch of people in their midlifes moved balls from one end of the room to another without any obvious purpose to it hahaha.

Actually, the video that i saw was from the American version of GBC and it was very inspiring.

As i said, i want to build my own ball contraption, but i have a long way to go since i need to purchase everything i need to make it. 

In wich part of the forum can i post questions about Lego parts? Foreinstance, i saw a caterpillar track (3873) that can bring my balls up to height, but i dont know wich gear to buy to make it run.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, JustABrick said:

In wich part of the forum can i post questions about Lego parts? Foreinstance, i saw a caterpillar track (3873) that can bring my balls up to height, but i dont know wich gear to buy to make it run.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can post Questions about lego parts here. I am also very interested in GBC and have made about 10 models now. Two good websites to find free instructions for GBC models  are Planet GBC and Rebrickable. Part 3873 can be run with all of the gears listed below.

800x320.jpg
450x300.jpg
250x250p.jpg?1610892717.3491611
Hope this helps!

Welcome aboard, Jeroen. 

There is a GBC topic in the Technics section.  GBCs are a ball of fun. :classic:

Better late then never.....thanks mate :)

Quick question (since i am unable to start a new topic):

Any fellow Dutchman that knows a great storage system for Lego? The kind that you have many compartements for smaller parts, and bigger ones for normal bricks and such.

off course i searched online, but all i see is small ones, about 50 cm wide. Im looking for something bigger 😂