brick-builds

[MOD] Classic 7740 with powered up

Hello everywhere,

I love the "old" trains f. e. the 7740 or - of course - the 7750, but I don't have 12V tracks. So I modified a 7740 for powered up, have much fun:

Edited by brick-builds

While he does seem to do nice work, it would also be nice if brick-builds hung out here in the forums and contributed something more than just, "see my latest video"

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

While he does seem to do nice work, it would also be nice if brick-builds hung out here in the forums and contributed something more than just, "see my latest video"

ok, I'm sorry!

I'm not trying to discourage you from participating (and posting about your tutorial/instruction videos), rather, you seem to have some neat ideas and I'm sure you could bring great insights to other threads in this forum too.

Good conversion to the modern PuP system. The old are still capable of running, even off the powered rails.

An old "trick" is to change to o-rings with a slightly larger cross-section for axle 1+3, and to completely remove o-rings on axle 2. That way it manages R40 curves and standard switches much better.... Like this:https://flic.kr/p/aL6LHK

Edited by Selander
Spelling mistake

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Does this three axle truck work well through R40 curves?

Yes it works but is loses a bit of friction in the curves. By changing the o-rings like Selander explained it would work better.