Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL -KPA REACTION] Raise the Flag!

King's Port, Terraversa, 20th February 621

They had done it! After the fierce battle for the shore and the coastal batteries, after the long siege and the battles in the streets, after two full days of brutal room-to-room fighting in the Palace of the Archduke, King's Port had finally fallen! On the other side of the monumental square, now a labyrinth of trenches, moats and barricades, they could see the Council Hall, where the Archduke Guards and a company of Altonian mercenaries had made their last stand. With their surrender, just a couple of hours before, the Battle for King's Port was definitively over. 

Philip climbed one of the pinnacles of Oldis' Palace and started waving the blue flag of Oleon. Down in the streets, dozens of soldiers were watching, cheering and throwing their hats in the air.

IMG_1107

Just a few years before, the Raiders were considered the scum of the Empire, a discipline unit to be sacrificed as far as possible from the motherland. Now they were hoisting the colors of the Nation, celebrating the victory of Oleon over its enemies!

IMG_1109

------------

My first attempt with forced perspective, I hope you like it... the inspiration is the famous picture of the Red Flag over the Reichstag.

Spoiler
Spoiler

The set as it really is, without forced perspective "tricks":

IMG_1108

As I mentioned on Flickr, the forced perspective is awesome here! Great work! The not-minifigs below look real enough to fool my eye on first take

Brick-built flag looks great!

Edited by evancelt

Fantastic photos from the perspective. To see how it's done is interesting.

Wanted to add that the tiles capping the wall in the process pic look great, too. I also always spend time on details like that that end up not making it into the final pics.

As others have said, the FP here is really good.  A great brick built flag too.

Excellent! Nice perspective, and nice scene too, it reminds of that famous photo of the WWII.

Fantastic job! Great way to depict your triumph in King's Port and the nod to the historic photo is immediately apparent!

Like I said on Flickr: I really like this shot. The source material is very apparent and the execution with the forced perspective is perfect. Love the addition of the small people in the background to give it more life.

Thank you all guys! I had seen some gorgeous examples of forced perspective, but this was my first attempt and I’m happy you enjoyed it!

2 hours ago, Khorne said:

Like I said on Flickr: I really like this shot. The source material is very apparent and the execution with the forced perspective is perfect. Love the addition of the small people in the background to give it more life.

Thanks! The trick with “minifigs” was suggested me by a skilled builder on Flickr! :pir_laugh2: