While most Corlander officers found quarter at the inns of Westface, NCOs and troopers kept camp in a number of large tent cities. Strategically, the presence of the encampments in the outskirts of Westface added another layer of defense to the town.

As Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock looked on at soldiers from the 26th Foot, Elizabethville Militia, and Royal Artillery standing in line together for delicious-smelling fresh fish porridge, he thought fondly of how the gathering of different units from across the Brick Seas presented an unusual opportunity for diverse groups of Corlanders to mingle and share stories of their colonies.

Even if the seemingly inevitable fight with Oleon didn't materialize, for the soldiers rallied at Westface the gathering would be a reference point for years to come.

soup-line.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Am I right that this is a troop-recruiting build?  If so, a really fun way to mix it up by showing a bit of camp life!

8 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Am I right that this is a troop-recruiting build?  If so, a really fun way to mix it up by showing a bit of camp life!

Thanks @Kai NRG - Nah this is just a free build (I don't think we're allowed to raise troops in NPC cities?) to show some camp life. I've been intrigued by the mixing of various units together as the troops amass!

It's also my understanding that preparatory builds prior to IC combat increase chances of winning :bonaparte:

Edited by evancelt

Nice idea for a typical camp scene. Also great to see Sir Dirk (although the more I see your officers, the more I am now considering changing to the 'classic' governor torso!!!).

17 hours ago, evancelt said:

I don't think we're allowed to raise troops in NPC cities?

No. Although TER can raise troops in Westface and Pamu - but someone needs to MOC them - no free troops for NPCs this turn!!!

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice idea for a typical camp scene. Also great to see Sir Dirk (although the more I see your officers, the more I am now considering changing to the 'classic' governor torso!!!).

The PoTC officer torso is nice too, but it is very vibrant with the blue! I like that the classic admiral torso is a little more subtle. I opted to give Allcock some gloves. Does he normally go gloveless?

Anyone have tips on how to make those elephant tails look more natural as branches? I have 8 or 9 of them. Maybe putting them all on a tree would make it look like a gnarly mess (in a good way?)

Edited by evancelt

Nice cooks and lineup of figures. Like I said on Flickr: an actual soup or field kitchen would also be a nice addition.

2 hours ago, evancelt said:

The PoTC officer torso is nice too, but it is very vibrant with the blue! I like that the classic admiral torso is a little more subtle. I opted to give Allcock some gloves. Does he normally go gloveless?

Anyone have tips on how to make those elephant tails look more natural as branches? I have 8 or 9 of them. Maybe putting them all on a tree would make it look like a gnarly mess (in a good way?)

I think I've seen the elephant trunks mostly used as exposed roots and not branches.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:54 AM, Ayrlego said:

Nice idea for a typical camp scene.

I figured they didn't have any palisade walls to clean in a temporary camp :pir-grin:

On 3/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Khorne said:

An actual soup or field kitchen would also be a nice addition.

I think I've seen the elephant trunks mostly used as exposed roots and not branches.

Yes, a kitchen would be a good addition! I thought about reusing that tent from the divvying up orders build as a field kitchen in the background, but decided to keep this one smaller. Something to build in the future!

Will have to try the trunks as roots, and also experiment with them as a gnarled mess of branches / thorns

Edited by evancelt

On 3/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Khorne said:

I was reading a review of the new Medieval Blacksmith set and see that the apple tree uses them as intermediate branches before some travis bricks:

b21.png

Gonna have to give that a try!

Edited by evancelt