peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Antique Shop

I would like to share my 14th modular building.

5598 parts / building instruction is available at: https://rebrickable.com/users/peedeejay/mocs/

This is most likely my fastest modular up to date. Took me only roughly 2 weeks to finish after my last building. I was building the digital design while waiting for the delivery of the parts for the post office. ;-)

A rather simple facade this time, even though the SNOT'ed brackets were a bit of a challenge, especially when trying to connect the facade to the other walls. Most of the time however was invested into the details of the antique shop to build all the details and figure out which kind of parts I was going to use. The upper levels contain an apartment. I had a lot of fun building a children's room (I honestly don't know why I never built one before...).

Here is a selection of images. All of them can be found on Flickr.

51056847992_b172071901_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056767721_e03043c2ed_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056848322_2c08f75883_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056040643_a39dbc3921_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056768081_15c8e0bfc5_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056848592_b4809c214d_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056848647_d3aebac423_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056768471_278a90ff90_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056768651_44a879e092_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056041383_4b98617875_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056849127_0ca8f8a4d9_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056041578_b871ccc4ee_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056847747_b38eab552a_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056847712_58d2b120db_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

51056039698_19488dd4b3_b.jpgLEGO Modular Antique Shop by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

Edited by peedeejay

Nice! I've always loved town MOCs that involved town matter we don't see so much from Lego. 

I may actually build one of those but on a smaller scale. 

Edited by Poodabricks

You must have had a ton of fun with all the mini builds here. The detailing is perfect, and the contrast of the cluttered ground floor against the sleek, modernized apartment looks great.

I love all the 'random trinkets you have in there! What were your inspirations? Do you plan to submit this to LEGO IDEAS anytime soon?

Love it!  The exterior design is brilliant, and the interior reminds of many antique shops or similar round me.  I feel like the wool jumper torso is also a perfect choice as the sort of person who owns those shops tends to be of that sort of generation.....

Thanks again everyone!

On 3/31/2021 at 2:13 PM, MAVERICK26 said:

I love all the 'random trinkets you have in there! What were your inspirations? Do you plan to submit this to LEGO IDEAS anytime soon?

I never put my modulars on LEGO Ideas for two simple reasons. First, even if a build reaches 10k supporters I think it would never pass review and second, my builds always use way too many pieces. ;-)

My inspiritation this time was just another random building in my home town that was popping out a little bit due to it's color scheme. I very roughly mirrored the facade and went freestyle from there, which is bascially what I do all the time.

Here is an image from the building that inspired me: http://kawano.de/LEGO/Antique_Shop/antique_shop_inspiration.png

41 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

Thanks again everyone!

I never put my modulars on LEGO Ideas for two simple reasons. First, even if a build reaches 10k supporters I think it would never pass review and second, my builds always use way too many pieces. ;-)

My inspiritation this time was just another random building in my home town that was popping out a little bit due to it's color scheme. I very roughly mirrored the facade and went freestyle from there, which is bascially what I do all the time.

Here is an image from the building that inspired me: http://kawano.de/LEGO/Antique_Shop/antique_shop_inspiration.png

Ah.