Sign in to follow this  
cehnot

[MOC] The Seven Seas Barracuda (East Indiaman Galleon)

Great looking nameplate designs! Do you have a printing house in mind?

18 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Great looking nameplate designs! Do you have a printing house in mind?

Not yet. If you have a suggestion feel free to share it. There are a few places I looked into, but I don't know the printing quality.

This is a really beautiful MOC!

Wow! This is a really brilliant ship! :pir-love:

Great construction techniques for the hull!

And the stand is also a great idea.

Maybe I would make the middle mast of the ship even bigger.
The large hull makes it seem a bit small.

barracuda_race_built_b8kf9.jpg

I feel like building a ship again! :pir-classic:

24 minutes ago, Raziel-117 said:

Wow! This is a really brilliant ship! :pir-love:

Great construction techniques for the hull!

And the stand is also a great idea.

Maybe I would make the middle mast of the ship even bigger.
The large hull makes it seem a bit small.

barracuda_race_built_b8kf9.jpg

I feel like building a ship again! :pir-classic:

I devayed this for a while, but ultimately I am trying to keep it to the same proportions as the galleon reference I am using. This isn't much of a difference than the Black Pearl proportions either. I think the sails and rigging will help. Right now it feels naked for sure. I

Once I build it I'll adjust it as needed. It's tough to make final decisions without seeing the sails on it. 

1 hour ago, PxChris said:

This is a really beautiful MOC!

thank you. 

2 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's a lovely galleon! The base and nameplate designs look good too. :thumbup:

I appreciate the comment. Pirates were my first love in LEGO, so I really spent way too much time designing this. 

6 hours ago, evancelt said:

@Brickwolf recommended this place to me: https://steindrucker.com/

that is one I forgot about. Thanks. 

This is so insane..  All the details..  Fu.... :)  Nice job. 

Parts are slowly arriving. I still need to place a few more orders, but this is expensive. I placed an order on bricks and pieces because they had some of the newer parts I needed. Looking forward to getting all my orders by June. Started to swap out colors and make several modifications to the ship because of cost.

Changed my smaller cannons because I wanted them to have dark pearl gray parts instead of all Dark Bluish Gray. At least I'll have the option for both designs.

The stand will be built first since that only took 3 different orders. 

I didn't realize the 2x2 curved tile isn't available in reddish brown yet. I may substitute the doors for black until that part is available in the color I want. 

I need to buy string or cord. Anybody know where I can find several different sizes that look similar to the official brand options. 

I am also building my pirate army. I have a bunch of stuff in a wanted list. I would like to have a crew of 50 or more.

My wife now knows I placed a bunch of LEGO orders for this as she handed me the mail. Waiting for a bricklink vendor to ship my last order so I can build the display stand. 4 other bricklink orders in route to the house and 3 huge Bricks and Pieces orders I placed while securing several newer parts from the latest 2021 models. Those will probably take forever. I ordered a bunch of the reddish brown, black, and other rare parts on LEGO replacement program when I noticed most of them were the same price as the vendors scattered on bricklink. I also picked up extra green plant parts, black falcon torsos, legs, armor and horses from the blacksmiths set because those were my second favorite collections growing up. 
So far I have 30 additional crew members enlisted aboard. Waiting for more parts to make up the last 20 crew members. I may need to take a few photos of the crew building the display stand. 

I still need to get the custom nameplate created, buy a ton of string from a craft store, and continue buying random torsos, legs, and heads from bricklink to build my crew.