User5346

[MOC] Speed Champions Mclaren Speedtail

Hi everyone, 

I thought I’d share my first ever speed champion based Moc which is a Mclaren Speedtail. Massive fan of speed champions and I hadn’t considered making my own models but the wait for new sets is taking forever, so I decided to build my own! I chose to do the Speedtail because I think it’s very unique and will pair nicely with the upcoming elva. It has taken me about 2 weeks from planning to completion which is pretty good as that included the wait of 3 bricklink orders. For the colour choice I went with dark blue because a bright colour wouldn’t really suit the model, and I am happy with how it looks currently. I can’t seem to add any more pictures so I would appreciate some help on how I could add more. *don’t know why ones duplicated everytime I try and delete it, it comes back

Looking forward to what everyone thinks!

88123EEC-FFCC-4E2C-B199-B2EE0BCDD63E.jpeg

image.jpeg

1FB53E6B-223F-4027-AB2B-DED29059D6A0.jpeg

image of the back: https://ibb.co/JQpx2DR

Edited by User5346
Images are being annoying

14 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Wow, this looks really good!

Thanks very much! 

I am hoping I can get some more feedback from other people as well

This looks superb, it’s in my colour too! I think using the windscreen piece for the rear part of the cockpit looks great. The angles are well designed too :excited:

In regards to uploading more pictures, you could upload the pictures to Flickr and post the link to them here and EB will automatically post the image and replace the link.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

14 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This looks superb

9 hours ago, Darth Denuto said:

this looks great

Yay thanks guys

I bet this was a bit of a challenge, it looks very good though and I like some of the little details you have included.

What is going to be your next MOC?

5 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

I bet this was a bit of a challenge, it looks very good though and I like some of the little details you have included.

It actually wasn’t too difficult. I spent most of the time working on the rear of the car (https://ibb.co/JQpx2DR), which is not perfect but I’m happy with it. The front went together the fastest actually and I’m happy how I managed to angle down the bonnet slightly as well.

5 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

What is going to be your next MOC?

Not sure yet, might convert the Bugatti Chiron to 8 studs wide, but I will probably change it up a lot from the original set.

12 hours ago, User5346 said:

Not sure yet, might convert the Bugatti Chiron to 8 studs wide, but I will probably change it up a lot from the original set.

I am looking forward to see what you do with that, compared to the other models the Chiron looked quite small, its even smaller than the WRC Ford Fiesta!! 

On 3/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, User5346 said:

Sounds good.

Are you going to put in real headlights rather than stickers for your Chiron?

4 hours ago, Darth Denuto said:

Are you going to put in real headlights rather than stickers for your Chiron?

Na I will probably keep the sticked headlights because it would be impossible to build accurate brick-built ones I’d assume