Sign in to follow this  
fbi

Nostalgic Retrospective Video on Vintage LEGO Pirates

Hey there,

This is a classic tale of my introduction to LEGO, and a dedication to my favorite theme / the community you all continuously build... :pir-classic:

i hope you enjoy! 

Wayback Machine Episode 3 : Lego Pirates

View On YouTube

1 hour ago, fbi said:

This is a classic tale of my introduction to LEGO, and a dedication to my favorite theme / the community you all continuously build... 

Thank you for sharing! :pir-classic:

I have upgraded your first post - did you produce the video yourself?

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for sharing! :pir-classic:

I have upgraded your first post - did you produce the video yourself?

thanks for watching! yes this is my video :pir-sweet:

This is a really well made video! So many great pictures, super well edited and narrated! And it sure gave me a trip down memory lane! I'm lucky enough to have some of the old pirate sets from when I was a kid.

i appreciate the feedback. i'm happy to hear it resonated with some of you! it was a blast to make

22 hours ago, fbi said:

thanks for watching! yes this is my video :pir-sweet:

LEGO Racers has been an overlooked introduction to the LEGO Pirate themes!

We usually get people saying they became a fan because of sets, whether that be the original sets or one of the more recent waves.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, Mister Phes said:

LEGO Racers has been an overlooked introduction to the LEGO Pirate themes!

We usually get people saying they became a fan because of sets, whether that be the original sets or one of the more recent waves.

It was surely a classic! I think the LEGO games (Island, Star Wars, etc.) have done a wonderful job at inviting those more familiar with gaming into the hobby. 

I can still remember seeing this level, "Pirate's Skull Pass" and being amazed by the Skull's Eye Schooner in the background:

pirate.png.4653c6c3550d0edbb9d058b689ae8ff4.png

23 minutes ago, fbi said:

I can still remember seeing this level, "Pirate's Skull Pass" and being amazed by the Skull's Eye Schooner in the background: 

I'm not familiar with the game myself... I've never played!

Is there much pirate artwork like that in the game?

I noticed in your video there was also a shot of the Imperial Armada over a map background.

This video is great! I will make some time later today to watch it in total with my full attention.

I was able to watch the full video yesterday @fbi and it was definitely quite enjoyable! Certainly hit on a very strong nostalgic note. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised to see a number of my photos in the video.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, Mister Phes said:

I'm not familiar with the game myself... I've never played!

Is there much pirate artwork like that in the game?

I noticed in your video there was also a shot of the Imperial Armada over a map background.

Yes it does! Replaying it really made me in awe of all the little details from the original Pirate line. There's some artwork, sets in the backgrounds of some racetracks, and so on.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, PxChris said:

I was able to watch the full video yesterday @fbi and it was definitely quite enjoyable! Certainly hit on a very strong nostalgic note. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised to see a number of my photos in the video.

Hey thanks @PxChris I was really impressed with your collection, and your collection update posts on these forums inspired a lot for the making of this video. You have a mighty Pirate display :pir-classic:

On 4/15/2021 at 5:41 AM, fbi said:

Hey thanks @PxChris I was really impressed with your collection, and your collection update posts on these forums inspired a lot for the making of this video. You have a mighty Pirate display :pir-classic:

It makes me so happy to know that there's somebody else out there who is getting the same kind of enjoyment that I am in reliving my childhood (and even going far beyond that, since I never had close to this many Pirates sets in the 80s & 90s) through my display!

On 4/15/2021 at 10:41 PM, fbi said:

Yes it does! Replaying it really made me in awe of all the little details from the original Pirate line. There's some artwork, sets in the backgrounds of some racetracks, and so on.

It would be great to get screenshots of those!

Apparently, the game also features unique characters like "The Horseman" which didn't appear in any of the sets.

image.png