Sign in to follow this  
Ngoc Nguyen

[MOC] 42113 B Model — Boeing Chinook CH-47

800x534.jpg

Transport massive loads with this amazingly detailed Boeing Chinook CH-47! Kids aged 11 and up and adults will love building an authentic motorized replica of this famous heavy lift aircraft.

Feature:

- This replica is packed with a wealth of authentic features, including the distinctive nose-up posture, aerodynamic belly-big fuselage, and iconic bewildered rear face.

- Other details include rows of 1 square and 4 round windows, navigation lights, cargo spaces, back benches, rear mount’s air outlet and slopes, rear inverted T-shaped nose, and turboshaft engines.

- The model also features a striking color scheme, with an authentic dark grey background, bright orange highlights, and light grey mid-body accent lines.

- Delight in the perpetually perplexed wide-open exhaust-pipe eyes and the drooping ramp jaw!

- Turn on the switch to bring the model to life and watch the rotors spin!

- Remove the switch to ensure maximum safety when swooshing the aircraft around!

- Lower the rear ramp and start loading cargos!

- Hook outsized containers to underside ports and perform incredible sling load operations!

- Combine with spare parts to rebuild this model into a V-22 Bell-Boeing Osprey or a Sikorsky CH-53 King Stallion!

- Young builders will enjoy an immersive and rewarding building experience

- Experienced builders will enjoy the familiar presence of standard building techniques, including axle blocks, form locks, safety clutches, and marriages.

- This helicopter toy set requires 6 x AA batteries (not included) for the battery box to power all of the cool motorized functions included in this powerful model.

- The model measures 5’’ (14 cm) high, 24’’ (60 cm) long, and 13’’ (34 cm) wide.

- This model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.

Chinook%20Functions.jpg

hinh%203.jpg

hinh%202.jpg

hinh%206.jpg

hinh%209.jpg

More images and free instruction on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-70842/nguyengiangoc/42113-b-model-boeing-chinook-ch-47/

There's no video because I don't have equipment and editing skills, unfortunately. I'd love to see someone have a try at this model and record a review video of some sorts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Really cool model, and easily worth a B-Model :-) but should be banned due to the military aspect.

One question: Did you swap the original battery box for the reason of size or did you just want to maintain a bigger cargo area?

31 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Really cool model, and easily worth a B-Model :-) but should be banned due to the military aspect.

One question: Did you swap the original battery box for the reason of size or did you just want to maintain a bigger cargo area?

It wasn't me and my own model in the video; it was someone else and their model. They built the model from a 42113 clone set from one of the Chinese clone brand, which naturally doesn't contain any electronics. Therefore they had to use a substitute motor and battery box.

34 minutes ago, Jundis said:

should be banned due to the military aspect.

It's funny that I submitted this thing to Lego Idea under the name of Boeing Vertol 234 (the civilian version of Chinook), and it was still rejected.

13 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's funny that I submitted this thing to Lego Idea under the name of Boeing Vertol 234 (the civilian version of Chinook), and it was still rejected.

I am fairly sure TLC put this model of a VTOL aircraft in a locker and waiting 3...5 years and doing a non-licensed civilian version again.

I've just added a Manual version, so that people that can't buy the dumb battery box or don't want to can build this model as well. 

The spinning function is controlled by a knob in the back. That means this model doesn't have a battery box and a motor. Because of that, the interior has been completely redesigned. The appearance and proportions doesn't change, but the inside is different. Therefore this version has a completely different part list and is listed as a separate model.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-79220/nguyengiangoc/42113-b-model-boeing-chinook-ch-47-manual/