Chilly_Productions

What was your first lego set?

15 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

6472-1.png

This was my first set! 

Gas 'n Wash Express was the set I always wanted as a kid but never got.  After a 20+ year dark ages, finally got around to it in my 30s!

These are the first 3 I remember, but I don't remember the order.  Sabre Island was 89, Cabin Cruiser was 91, Gas Tanker was 92 - so maybe in that order?

I always thought of Sabre Island as a pirates set and referred to them as "pirates" and only recently did it occur to me that these guys are not pirates... 

6265-1.jpg

4011-1.jpg

6594-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

I always thought of Sabre Island as a pirates set and referred to them as "pirates" and only recently did it occur to me that these guys are not pirates... 

Until well into the 18th century various governments allowed privateers to operate against foreign navies and merchant navies. While in theory there were differences between that and piracy, in reality the line was blurred. Some privateer companies even had uniforms. So the minifigures of Sabre Island could well have been privateers - pirates by a different name.

Edited by AmperZand

On 3/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, Pinnacle said:

004 Old LEGO-set.

The left one...

I know, I'm an oldie...

Very nice 1958/59 700/3a set (left) and 700/5 (right). You have kept them in very nice condition for all these years!

3672-1.jpg?200012091200

I think I got this on Christmas of 1984, I was nearly 4 years old and I can remember building this set with my older brother !

I believe it was Lego set 6186. Not really a noteworthy one, but it was the first of many!