Sign in to follow this  
VaneStream

[VIDEO] Being Pirates - Stop Motion Series: THE MOVIE (all of season 1 as one movie)

You can now watch all of season 1 of Being Pirates as one short film. I changed some things and added new music. Enjoy!

pirates-indexed.gif

It took me a while, but here it is, the season finale: Episode 6: Vane Indeed. I hope you enjoy and stick around for the after credits scene:

And here is episode 5:

Episode 4 is up:

I've completed Episode 3: Battle at Sea:

Episode 2 is online!

UPDATE: Episode 1 is online.

So if you're up for a swashbuckling adventure filled to the brim with humor, bantering pirates, and pirates being very piraty, then watch Being Pirates!
If you like it, feel free to subscribe on youtube and you'll be notified when there's a new episode. Also let me know what you think!

Hello There!

The formidable Barracuda Bay got me out of my dark ages last march and reignited my Lego fever, especially for lego pirates. I'm new here, but actually many years ago I was a regular Eurobricks visitor, and it was great to discover this site is still up and well. Lockdown was also helpful in resurrecting an old hobby: making lego stop-motion films. I'm working hard on a pirate series called Being Pirates. Here's the trailer:

The first episode is coming soon. If you like the trailer, consider subscribing. Thanks!

Edited by VaneStream

Good job! Very nice! :pir-love:

Can't wait for the rest!

I'd also like to see some renders of the Imperial ship in your video (0:04).

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Thanks everyone! I'll post again when I've released the first episode.

I'd also like to see some renders of the Imperial ship in your video (0:04).

The imperial ship is actually not a digital version but a ship I've built. I haven't fully completed it yet but it was enough to put together the quick shot for the trailer. I'll post some pictures when the time comes!

2 hours ago, VaneStream said:

The imperial ship is actually not a digital version but a ship I've built. I haven't fully completed it yet but it was enough to put together the quick shot for the trailer. I'll post some pictures when the time comes!

:pir-classic: :thumbup:

This looks to be very fun to watch! Looking forward to the first full episode.

THIS IS AMAZING!

First time I've seen anything like this, and I've had plans to do something similar down the line for the last 5+ Years! I like Flint and his two Peg-Legs, reminds me of how I'd take the Monkey from the old sets, and give him TWO Hook-Hands on his front appendages! I Used to call 'em "Hee-Haw" as well... Mind you, I was 8 when I did this, and Naming things wasn't really my best skill.

But yeah, Watched the first five minutes of it, seems dialogue-rich; especially with the mention of Boaty-Mc.Boatface, and the little bit about Crosswinds, but I'm eating this right up! 

14 minutes ago, JeffBuilds said:

THIS IS AMAZING!

First time I've seen anything like this, and I've had plans to do something similar down the line for the last 5+ Years! I like Flint and his two Peg-Legs, reminds me of how I'd take the Monkey from the old sets, and give him TWO Hook-Hands on his front appendages! I Used to call 'em "Hee-Haw" as well... Mind you, I was 8 when I did this, and Naming things wasn't really my best skill.

But yeah, Watched the first five minutes of it, seems dialogue-rich; especially with the mention of Boaty-Mc.Boatface, and the little bit about Crosswinds, but I'm eating this right up! 

Thanks so much JeffBuilds! If you do ever get around to doing something similar I'd love to see it! Ha ha, Hee-Haw sounds great, playing with pirate lego as a kid are very fond memories for me! There'll be a two-hook pirate in a future episode, as well as one with 2 hooks, 2 peg-legs and two eyepatches. SOOOO piraty!

yeah, it is quite dialogue-rich, although the whole season will have a nice story arc with plenty of adventure, a sea battle etc.

30 minutes ago, VaneStream said:

I've uploaded episode 2! Had alot of fun with this one. Let me know what you think!

This is good- really good. I enjoy your videos immensely. :pir-classic: Looking forward to the third!

The first episode was a great laugh, so I'm looking forward to the second and future ones as well.

I've updated the topic with Episode 3: Battle at Sea.

Alot of work went into this one. Let me know what you think!

12 hours ago, Captain Hannibal Joost said:

If you're looking for epic music (for background music for example), let me know ;)

So far I've been going the route of making my own music, it sounds quit DIY but that's the sound I am going. It feels like lots of pirate videos have music that sounds almost like the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and I wanted to do something different.

Do you make music yourself? I'd love to hear it!

I love the little jokes here and there. It has been a while since a lego stop motion has made me laugh out loud. Stunning graphics as well! Looks very convincing and -in style- as it were. The "Unsinkable II" has to be my favourite pun, though. Oh, and "Barrk, Barrkk". :pir-tongue:

19 hours ago, Captain Edward said:

I love the little jokes here and there. It has been a while since a lego stop motion has made me laugh out loud. Stunning graphics as well! Looks very convincing and -in style- as it were. The "Unsinkable II" has to be my favourite pun, though. Oh, and "Barrk, Barrkk". :pir-tongue:

Ha ha, thank you :pir-classic:. Love hearing that it made you laugh.:pir_laugh2:

On 4/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, VaneStream said:

So far I've been going the route of making my own music, it sounds quit DIY but that's the sound I am going. It feels like lots of pirate videos have music that sounds almost like the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and I wanted to do something different.

Do you make music yourself? I'd love to hear it!

Understand :) And that's a good choice, it fits well the video, story and ambiance ;)

Yes I make music, in different styles (even if I really love movie soundtrack and symphonic orchestra :p) Here're some examples: 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, Captain Hannibal Joost said:

Yes I make music, in different styles (even if I really love movie soundtrack and symphonic orchestra :p) Here're some examples: 

Wow, I am very impressed! Very well done indeed! The music carries alot of emotion, exactly what's needed for movies. What program do you use? I especially like the intro Pirates Chronicles 13 remastered.