evancelt

[COR-FB] Divvying Up Assignments, Westface

Nice technique with the tent, but it appears that the pic has different shades, is it intentional?

9 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Nice technique with the tent, but it appears that the pic has different shades, is it intentional?

Thanks Bodi - Not sure what you mean about different shades. Can you elaborate? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Nice orders group! Good tent!

5 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

That tent! Great overall build, but the tent steals the show for me. I've been trying to make something similar too.

Thanks guys! Was playing around with hinges and supports. Hope to try some TLG string w/ studs as guy lines in the future

I think what makes the tent is the deviation from the standard triangle design - the extended sides really make it and the bricks do a surprisingly good job of representing heavy canvas. (IC) Good to see our command busy planing to throw the bluecoats out of Terraversa - Long the the Queen!

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I think what makes the tent is the deviation from the standard triangle design - the extended sides really make it and the bricks do a surprisingly good job of representing heavy canvas. (IC) Good to see our command busy planing to throw the bluecoats out of Terraversa - Long the the Queen!

Thanks! I was trying to work out something with white pieces that would look consistent alongside those smaller white tents I made en masse for the larger camp scene. The photo for this one was super hard to shoot because the large roof made it super dark underneath the tent. Ended up playing around with Photoshop settings to remove shadows

Fun to see your recon build, @LM71Blackbird's marching redcoats, the prep builds - all together feels like the Corlander army is getting its ducks in a row! We had a giant snowstorm here in Colorado (25 inches of wet snow!) and my Allcock/Brickford heads are delayed in the mail until later this week, but hope to have some more builds where you can actually see their faces. :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

Excellent tent, Evan. It would be fun to see more experiments with this type in a fully enclosed version as well, perhaps (i.e. with sides). And now let's get back to our plans for world domination... erhm, I mean, the liberation of Terraversa!

8 hours ago, evancelt said:

giant snowstorm here in Colorado (25 inches of wet snow!)

I know I should be careful what I wish for, but one day it would be nice to experience such weather! The closest we ever get to snow here is some wet slush that is usually water before or just after it hits the ground!

27 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

I know I should be careful what I wish for, but one day it would be nice to experience such weather! The closest we ever get to snow here is some wet slush that is usually water before or just after it hits the ground!

Snow is usually fun in the beginning of winter, but after a few month of cold and snow it gets old! :head_back:

Excellent tent design and idea for a build. It would look really cool in a larger encampment scene with some of your other designs. Is there a particular reason why the rear poles are leaning?

11 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Is there a particular reason why the rear poles are leaning?

No real reason other than I could because I added some white inverted slope walls to the back corners - this meant the supports were no longer structural. Probably would have been good to do them all leaning or none leaning for consistency, but was still experimenting!

On 3/16/2021 at 5:18 PM, Ayrlego said:

Yeah it's great in small doses! Back when I was a snow scientist I spent a winter in a cabin making daily snow measurements - the snow kept piling up and the windows needed to be dug out weekly following storms!

Spoiler

snow-cabin.jpg

Edited by evancelt