Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[GBW] - National Leader - Plighia - Madame President in the War Room

Tensions in Soalon are at a critical point, with numerous attacks on the nation's main targets and on corporate branches, including those in Plighia, in the region. Recently the diplomats of the Plighia embassy were forced to flee after the riots in the capital, only to return when the waters have calmed down. At this point, an emergency meeting was necessary at the "War Room" in a secret location, with the representatives of the presidential cabinet.

51020152476_6f2157b998_c.jpgGBW RELOADED - Presentation - Madame President in the War Room by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

General 1: "Madame President, the crisis in Soalon has reached the attention of government and military leaders all over the world, preparations are currently underway to deploy peacekeepers to secure the nation and drive out terrorists, namely the Brotherhood of Soalon and the Kriviyat League of Republics, the latter seem to have numerous interests in controlling the region's resources, while the former want to rebuild Soalon's glorious past by force and fear."

State Secretary: "President, according to our intelligence both the BS and the KLR are organizing operational bases in the region, enclaves, heavily militarized and defended, currently difficult to reach by our peacekeepers moving towards Soalon."

51020152536_28554ac6e3_c.jpgGBW RELOADED - Presentation - Madame President in the War Room by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Madame President Samina Scrool: "I understand your concerns, I am currently in contact with other nations who intend to participate in the PSIC coalition of the peacekeepers, some have already given the availability, probably others will join in the future, at present we must be strong, and it is clear from the outset that we will be dealing with a delicate situation and that our forces will be surrounded by enemies from the beginning."

51019425838_54becfc3fa_c.jpgGBW RELOADED - Presentation - Madame President in the War Room by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Defense Secretary: "Madame president, we are currently aware of the fact that it will be an "all against all", the BS do not intend to forge alliances with the KLR, and we will never compromise with the enemy, nor if they are terrorists, let alone the KLR , our enemies of all time."

General 2: "This conflict will be a massacre for our troops, trapped under the crossfire, but defending our interests and bringing peace to the world has always been our winning strategy, we have waged several wars in the past, several winners, our troops will stand out on the battlefield!"

Foreign Minister: "I hope that all possible resources will be made available to us and our allies in this conflict that will ensnare Soalon, we will never recognize every extremist government that takes office, we will do everything to prevent it, a democratic government elected by the people is the solution."

51020152626_2081faac4b_c.jpgGBW RELOADED - Presentation - Madame President in the War Room by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Madame President Samina Scrool... *look at the screen with the map of Soalon*... "So it is decided, I will speak to the parliament on these matters, subsequently I will speak to the nation informing them about PSIC operations in Soalon, and finally I will sign the presidential decree for the final deployment of the troops in Soalon. The war has begun."

Edited by ParmBrick

The various hanging screens and the use of the (printed?) map is ingenious, I also really like the use of the Shark Army General, her use here and the general scene remind me of the series 'The Expanse' and Chrisjen Avasarala for some reason.

edit* By the way, are you planning on using regular shark army minifigs for your troops / future builds? I ask because I actually picked a few of them up myself with the intention of converting them to Koszmar / KLR soldiers :tongue:

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

9 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

The various hanging screens and the use of the (printed?) map is ingenious, I also really like the use of the Shark Army General, her use here and the general scene remind me of the series 'The Expanse' and Chrisjen Avasarala for some reason.

edit* By the way, are you planning on using regular shark army minifigs for your troops / future builds? I ask because I actually picked a few of them up myself with the intention of converting them to Koszmar / KLR soldiers :tongue:

Thank you very much for the compliments :wink: Feel free to use those minifigures, currently I'm not going to use them, unless there is opportunity, meaning I have some of those ready-to-use minifigs, but they are part of my "Navy Seals" water raiders, which feature scuba devices, but it's easy for me to convert them to other minifigs if you have to use them extensively.

17 minutes ago, ParmBrick said:

Thank you very much for the compliments :wink: Feel free to use those minifigures, currently I'm not going to use them, unless there is opportunity, meaning I have some of those ready-to-use minifigs, but they are part of my "Navy Seals" water raiders, which feature scuba devices, but it's easy for me to convert them to other minifigs if you have to use them extensively.

Hmm extensively probably not, yeah I am guessing they are also probably kitbashed different enough to stand out from each other anyway. + a lot of real life military from various countries looks similar to one another as well haha.

6 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Hmm extensively probably not, yeah I am guessing they are also probably kitbashed different enough to stand out from each other anyway. + a lot of real life military from various countries looks similar to one another as well haha.

Yeah, that's true, after all our imagination is our limit, the Lego offer allows us to do anything :thumbup:

The peculiar looks of one of the members of the presidential cabinet reminds me of a character in "iron sky".

1 hour ago, Nom Carver said:

The peculiar looks of one of the members of the presidential cabinet reminds me of a character in "iron sky".

Completely involuntary :laugh: I distance myself from that film and from many of the issues it deals with (even if it is a parody, but I am not fond of politics).

1 hour ago, French Man said:

Nice build and story :wink:, very good integration of the map in the wall.

I wanted to give the idea of the famous War Room of the film of "Strangelove" (film that I love) with all the satellite and world maps projected on the screens of the room, with the table in the center with the president and his cabinet discussing.

8 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Completely involuntary :laugh: I distance myself from that film and from many of the issues it deals with (even if it is a parody, but I am not fond of politics).

You made fashion and warfare go along :thumbup:.

4 hours ago, SATSOK said:

nice story nice moc !!!
Loved the floating screens :)

Thank you! It is not a War Room without floating screens xD

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

A cool build

A nice story

and Big screens with maps !

What else to say...

Great build ! :thumbup:

Too kind! :blush: If the movies teach something, the more screens the better.