evancelt

[COR-FB] Artillery Drill, Westface

The Corlander Army has amassed a large number of field pieces of various size at their Westface Camp.

Major Brickford talks with Captain Redding of the Royal Artillery after the artillery unit successfully ran through a speed drill with their 12 pounders.

Captain Redding, a veteran of many previous engagements, is confident they are ready to face Oleon should they meet on the battlefield.

artillery.jpg

Like I said in a previous build: those cannons are very nice. I love the way you built those. Is there a reason for the white limbers, instead of reddish brown? Personal preferences or don't all of the parts needed exist in reddish brown?

2 hours ago, Khorne said:

Like I said in a previous build: those cannons are very nice. I love the way you built those. Is there a reason for the white limbers, instead of reddish brown? Personal preferences or don't all of the parts needed exist in reddish brown?

Thanks! Yeah, I really like the shape of the fluting on this one. Tried 3 or 4 other shapes and liked this one with the fez and blank head the best.

I also really like that @Ayrlego field piece with the telescope for a barrel, but wanted something more substantial for the last couple of builds (something to put fear in the hearts of the blueys! :pir-grin: )

Regarding the limbers, I went with white just because of personal preference. A lot of the replica US Revolutionary War cannons I saw at old forts as a kid had white limbers. I'm sure reddish brown would look good too!

As @kurigan pointed out elsewhere, it might add to the design to add some hub caps to the side of the wheels!

41 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Great cannons.:thumbup: I like the red tschakos. Did you paint them?

As I mentioned to @Khorne on Flickr, the shakos are classic all-black shakos that I painted red and silver (you can see the red starting to flake off on the close one). The red isn't a perfect match for TLG torso red.

Since I’ve transitioned most of my redcoats to the newer gold printed shakos I have about 75 extra plain black ones - I’ve tried painting them all sorts of colors (blue, orange, gray, purple, etc)

Recently used some of the extra plain black shakos in this goofy MOC.

25 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Great cannons, nice build!

Thanks!

Nice diorama. I like the red shakos the gunmen are wearing, definitely should get some those too,

The base of the build is a little plain but those custom cannons are beautiful. The barrel shape is just about perfect. And I really like the contrast of the white limbers.

11 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

those custom cannons are beautiful. The barrel shape is just about perfect. And I really like the contrast of the white limbers.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:16 PM, Bodi said:

Nice diorama. I like the red shakos the gunmen are wearing, definitely should get some those too,

On 3/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Really nice cannon design! I'll definitely be stea - I mean, drawing inspiration from that technique! :cannon:

Thanks guys! I'm really liking the fluted shape of the cannon barrel, too.

This is the piece list:

1x 6628b - technic ball pin
1x 3626c - minifig plain head
1x 18654 - spacer
2x 85975 - fez
1x 15712 - tile clip
1x 26047 - plate with bar

Edited by evancelt