Sign in to follow this  
BrickHammer

[LEGO Ideas] Space Contest Alien Abduction

Hi guys BrickHammer here,

something really crazy has just happened: my project "Bob's unexpected space adventure" was just selected to be one of 15 finalists for the LEGO Ideas gift with purchase space contest! Since there were so many amazing submissions and I submitted mine just for fun I cannot believe that it was picked to be part of the public voting phase. Since non of my friends is into LEGO and I thus do not have anyone to share my excitement with I decided to share it with you guys!

I tried to capture a classic alien abduction seen and make it look playful and funny by using the classic space colours and a rather funny looking minifig. I hope you all like!

If you want to make my day even crazier you can also support this project by voting for it https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/3a0cb2a7-395f-400c-8e0b-c3428041a8fe?challenge_phase=7c06daf0-7ee3-47e3-8346-051b5641bcd9&query=&sort=random !

webpwebp

Congratulations on making it into the finals! You've got my vote.

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Congratulations on making it into the finals! You've got my vote.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Tom_Brick said:

Love your scene. You’ve got my vote.

Thank you so much! I am glad you like it :)

4 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Looks good, voted for!

Thank you so much for your support! I am pretty sure the USS Cardboard will win but it is nevertheless super crazy that I made it that far and that so many people seem to like my build!

12 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What an epic scene! :grin_wub:

Thank you! I tried to capture a classic abduction scene but I tried to make it look funny and playful :)

Congrats!

But since when do aliens abduct buff people? :laugh:

I'd get it just for those cones in trans bright green.

6 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

A very charming build; definitely made me smile.

Thank you! I am glad you like it! If you want to you can support it by voting for it in the contest :)

5 hours ago, danth said:

Congrats!

But since when do aliens abduct buff people? :laugh:

I'd get it just for those cones in trans bright green.

Good question. I wanted to make "Bob" half naked to underline the fact that he was probably not expecting to go on an adventure and to make him look even less prepared. Somehow this chest piece was the only one available in stud.io... Now that I look at it you are right. Bob has been lifting some weights. I guess he started working out during the lockdown?

Yes those cones in trans bright green would be amazing. The fact that LEGO chose this project to be one of the final 15 means that they are not completly opposed to relasing them. So if you want them you can vote for the build and you might be able to get Bob and the cones for free as a gift with purchase :)