valon

about mega bloks pirates

hello, i have a question relating to mega bloks pirates. i have mega bloks baseplates, wich i know float on water, because i have built a few pirate mocs on these and they have worked well because i can float the build on water wich is really cool in a pirate display. i was wondering if anybody had any mega bloks pirate ships and if they know if they float, because i want to have floating ships to put next to my floating island mocs, but do not want to buy a mega bloks ship if they do not float ( because lego is better ) 

Well, I don't think it floats because it doesn't say that anywhere on the box.

5 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Well, I don't think it floats because it doesn't say that anywhere on the box.

yes, but it does not say that the base plates float and they do ( i might put pictures of them later )

2 minutes ago, valon said:

yes, but it does not say that the base plates float and they do ( i might put pictures of them later )

But I don't think anyone will be interested in playing baseplates in the water, and that is the reason they are not mentioned.

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I'm very interested to see these floating ships and bases.

ok, i normaly use baseplat efrom the dragon theme, because they are flat but the pirate one have hills and cool things on them. i am building something for brethern of the brick sea on one that i will post when it is done

i do not know if the ships float, some of them have lights ad such so i know they do not but some do not have lights and i do not know if they float

Edited by valon

26 minutes ago, valon said:

ok, i normaly use baseplat efrom the dragon theme, because they are flat but the pirate one have hills and cool things on them. i am building something for brethern of the brick sea on one that i will post when it is done

i do not know if the ships float, some of them have lights ad such so i know they do not but some do not have lights and i do not know if they float

Can you maybe post a picture so I know what ship you are talking about?

Advice: Try to use proper grammar and spelling to make your post easier to read.

Edited by JintaiZ

Mega Bloks Pyrates - Captain Cutlass' Stormstalker (95523) by MEGA Brands -  Shop Online for Toys in the United StatesMega Bloks Captain Cutlass' Storm Stalker 3620 Rare | eBay

the hull peices on both of these ( they look all like one peice but on ebay you can see that the upper peices or seperate from the hull ) i think float, but do not know

Duplo Pirate ships float and LEGOs can attach to the Duplo studs :pir-grin:

11 minutes ago, valon said:

the hull peices on both of these ( they look all like one peice but on ebay you can see that the upper peices or seperate from the hull ) i think float, but do not know

It partially floats.

23 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

It partially floats.

wich part ? if i built stuff on it would it float ? thank you so much for checking by the way !!!!

8 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Do Megabloks still release pirate sets?

i think they do, even if they do not, the ebay ones are cheap ( if you are wondering because you want to know if they do well and use it as evidance for why lego should bring back pirates, playmobile has pirates and knockoff companys make copys of old pirate sets as well as new ones that do well )

1 hour ago, valon said:

wich part ? if i built stuff on it would it float ? thank you so much for checking by the way !!!!

I don't really want to post non-lego videos on here, but feel free to search on youtube.

6 hours ago, valon said:

i think they do, even if they do not

I'm only interested if they're still releasing new pirate themed sets... so I did some quick research.

According to their official website, the Megabloks brand has shifted focus exclusively to the preschool market. I.e. their larger bricks.

They now have a secondary brand named Mega Construx which focuses on sets comparable to what we see aimed at the core LEGO market... however, according to their official websit, they're only currently releasing a handful of sets under the Halo licence.

So either their official websites are not showing the full range of products (which would be illogical for online sales), Megabloks' monopoly over the "LEGO compatible" construction toy industry has vastly shrunk.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I'm only interested if they're still releasing new pirate themed sets... so I did some quick research.

According to their official website, the Megabloks brand has shifted focus exclusively to the preschool market. I.e. their larger bricks.

They now have a secondary brand named Mega Construx which focuses on sets comparable to what we see aimed at the core LEGO market... however, according to their official websit, they're only currently releasing a handful of sets under the Halo licence.

So either their official websites are not showing the full range of products (which would be illogical for online sales), Megabloks' monopoly over the "LEGO compatible" construction toy industry has vastly shrunk.

They are not producing pirate sets anymore, but Cobi still is!

I... do not care for Megablocks.

Saying that, I remember liking the Pyrates sets, when I did see them in passing. The last time I ever saw one, was the Pyrates' ship on shelves at a Toys R' Us, 10 years after the initial run of the line.

14 hours ago, JeffBuilds said:

I... do not care for Megablocks.

i do not either, but for brethern of the brick sea i am building mocs that float and i wanted to have floating ships, but i wanted to build some that are not on a big hull or duplo hull ( although i do want to use those in my mocs as well )

On 3/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, valon said:

It would depend what you build on it. A sealed boat hull may well float but it will capsize due to toppling if large structures are built on top of it.