Macropus

[O10 - Gorse - TT] A Factory for the Empire

*Your entry has earned 7 XP*

Hello there,

51028905322_dc79cd7867_o.png

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg General Pax. An unexpectied visit, but a welcome one. If we knew you were coming, we would have...

51028805531_be8a879d20_s.jpg Well, that's the idea of an unannounced inspection. But let's go inside. Even if the planet is under imperial occupation, we don´t know whos watching. I don't trust those aliens.

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg Then let's go. We have much to talk about.

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg We are standing here in the montation hall. The factory is fully automatic, but as you can see, we are still using living workforce.

51028805531_be8a879d20_s.jpg We noticed it. And why is this?

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg A good question. For that you have to thank the New Republic and espacily Senator Organa. After the offical end of the war the Senator run her „A Future for the Galaxy“-Campagne. Thanks to this campagne and  every cooperation gets a repayment, if they give refuges work. So in other words, the New Republic is paying for our fighters.

51028078968_84807e1f58_s.jpg And you are not afraid that one of your workers will rat you out?

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg No, Lieutenant. The factory and its workers is under strict control and every single republic official in the system is paid handsomely to keep their distance. I can assure you, noone in this or the next sector dears to touche property of Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems and the Labour Union. The Republic is too afraid. They have no authority here.

51028805531_be8a879d20_s.jpg And how many fighters are you producing per rotation?

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg At the moment? Around 1500 TIE/LN fighters.

51028805531_be8a879d20_s.jpg Thats are pretty samll number.

51028078688_795625ebf4_s.jpg Yes it is. But the factory is not running on full capacity. If it would, we can produce 3500 fighters pre rotation. But that would be a number too high, to smuggle the products sensibly without anyone wanting to check the papers. But let's continue the conversation in my office. I still have some fine Alderaanian wine. Gifted by Senator Bail Organa. Why don't we drink a glass, to the empire and to the Organa, who help one way or another to build this facility?

51028905712_031119b9fb_h.jpg

Some more pictures and behind the scene:

The build consists of three parts. The base, the hanger and the TIE.

51028078378_c9cd419b7a_h.jpg

The floor pattern: 

51028906002_84283777b5_h.jpg

51028805286_a8319d40ea_h.jpg

I had the TIE-Fighter lying with me for a long time, but never had the motivation to build the wings. So I decided to repurpose the fighter to use it in a factory-MOC. One MOC from my Always-Want-to-build-list. :classic:

I had fun building this MOC. But there were also many problems. Especially with the conveyor belt. It's not 100% perfect, because it hangs down. But overall i am very happy how it turned out.

As I promised, a MOC with more story. My first try, so I am still  figuring out how.

Feedback and critique always welcome.:sweet:

Greetings 

Mac

:vader::yoda::vader::yoda::vader:

Edited by goatman461

You've captured some nice detail here, theres some nice building techniques employed to this build from the grate through to the conveyor belt and TIE.
Although the TIE is a little cubed around the cockpit I really like the design, the scale doesn't bother me as having it slightly smaller then it should allows for it to be kept within the confines and also not overpower the characters below.
Great job,

17 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

This looks great, though I think the TIE section should be quite a bit larger. 

Thanks.

Maybe the Empire needs to save some of their resources. That´s why they building samller TIEs. To get more from less. :sweet::wink:

14 hours ago, n1majneb said:

You've captured some nice detail here, theres some nice building techniques employed to this build from the grate through to the conveyor belt and TIE.
Although the TIE is a little cubed around the cockpit I really like the design, the scale doesn't bother me as having it slightly smaller then it should allows for it to be kept within the confines and also not overpower the characters below.
Great job,

Thank you. I don't know of any other way to build a small globe.:head_back:

And I think, would it be bigger, it would be heavier. And so it would be difficult to build  a conveyor, that holds the weight and looks nice.

13 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great factory build. I like the TIE cockpit, the floor, the conveyor and the droid!

Thanks. Finally one, who appreciates the droid :laugh::innocent2:

This is so cool... I wasn’t really sold on the scale of the TIE, but it works! Love the droid, and the reappearance of the imperial worker! :pir-hmpf_bad:

On 3/13/2021 at 8:12 PM, Darth Bjorn said:

This is so cool... I wasn’t really sold on the scale of the TIE, but it works! Love the droid, and the reappearance of the imperial worker! :pir-hmpf_bad:

Thank you. The size of the TIE seams to be a bigger problem than I thougt.:laugh:

More like The Return of the Imperial Worker :vader::yoda:

I really like the factory. The TIE is a little square for my taste. But overall this is a great build. Way to find a way to use a part of a build you didn't want to finish!