Hi All,

I want to show you all some of my old steam tugs which I build since the last couple of years. I build the Hercules, Furie and Noordzee which are all steam compound tugs. Hercules and the Noordzee are still running original on coal which is hard working to be able to sail.

51017989018_6cf26cbc66_c.jpg

microfoto.jpg

Edited by Jebbo

This Hercules is also such a beauty and one off your first one's:grin_wub:

51017992353_07268cd890_c.jpg

And your Furie is one off the most Dutch icons in history tugs.

51023047293_e26f886928_c.jpg

One complaint only. I would like bigger pictures to admire the ships :)

Thumbs up from me!

25 minutes ago, Shiva said:

One complaint only. I would like bigger pictures to admire the ships :)

Thumbs up from me!

How big you can upload the pictures here on EB?! 

Wanted help my buddy Jebbo that's have problems with the size of the photo's to upload from Flickr here. In the past was the max sice 800x 533 ore can you now upload here in bigger size like 1024x683 ore even bigger?!

Very impressive! Looks much better in the bigger pictures.

Steam Tug Noordzee from Den Helder the Netherlands.

51017989488_f0b4db9bb4_b.jpg

51017989018_6cf26cbc66_b.jpg

51017990153_ff102281f9_b.jpg

Steam Tug Hercules from Schiedam the Netherlands

51017992348_1b925cea16_b.jpg

51018721716_0b6e4a6004_b.jpg

51018814062_d980931ae0_b.jpg

Steam Tug Furie from Maassluis the Netherlands.

51018716561_81ac2800a0_b.jpg

51018716476_efc20bb1a0_b.jpg

51018717166_75a31b6892_b.jpg

51018811127_f4816cdeb0_b.jpg

51018810697_e38955d23c_b.jpg

9 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

How big you can upload the pictures here on EB?! 

Wanted help my buddy Jebbo that's have problems with the size of the photo's to upload from Flickr here. In the past was the max sice 800x 533 ore can you now upload here in bigger size like 1024x683 ore even bigger?!

I spook to Jim and together with him I figger out you can upload up to 1024 max. I make the little mistake to copy/past but I had to copy the location Url and past. Now I upload the pictures we made last frifay from my steam tugs. Hope we can upload much more new vessels in future time!

Edited by Jebbo

I build in commission of my buddy Edwin Korstanje a small tender for the big explorer GC. It was a rough start to build this small tender in the scale 1:40, but when I was finish the model was so lovely that I decide to build a second 1 in a different color with special Tan colored floor. Maybe in the future we will both build some more powerboats, it's far out of the comfort zone and makes you think about how to build and the use of any brick.

It is lovely to work together and we have a complete team which makes it possible to build almost everything in bricks.

51018723226_708b4a6ac0_b.jpg

51018816367_005571b1fa_b.jpg

51017993118_158aee27d5_b.jpg

9 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Thank you very much for the photos!

Your welcome Shiva, great to share my mocs with the EB community :classic:

Great to see that you got it all working here on EB @Jebbo and we have fun last week with the photoshoot at my studio. Your old ships are a peace of art and love them. Also glad that you build your own version of my commission to you of the Intrepid tender powerboat.

Glad you listen to my advice for choose the stickers not in silver, but in white on the hull and in dark red on the engines and looks stunning. 

Also the tan decks inside looks SuperB. Hope we can work many times togehter my great friend.:wink:

Jebbo and Edwin, links your flickr pages would be a nice bonus :)

Unless they are not to be public, ofcourse.

That is also how I discovered your amazing creations and this thread. Wow! Very impressive. I had not realised they were mini figure scale. I’m a big fan of Edwin’s creations and look forward to following your work as well. Keep up your great work!

12 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Wow that's really awesome, my first blog ever :head_back:.

12 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

That is also how I discovered your amazing creations and this thread. Wow! Very impressive. I had not realised they were mini figure scale. I’m a big fan of Edwin’s creations and look forward to following your work as well. Keep up your great work!

I didn't hear from the Car Blog before, but it's really great they love my work. Get some red blushes:iamded_lol: Lovely to share my creations with the EB community, hope we can make a lot of new vessels or probably something else. I want to start with a small inland tug boat which is still used for recreation.

This is just mindblowingly beautiful. A cliché to say, but I am literally looking at these with my jaw dropped *oh2*. I am pretty sure you have used the full assortment of the Lego's 3.18mm parts... Wands inserted into the flex tubes is inspired, as many many many other NPUs. Cleavers for the propellers?! Hairpieces for the air vents?!

I do not recognize the conical pieces used as a bottom connections for some of the 3.18 bars. What is that part?

640x263.png

P.S.I love the slight color variation in the hull of the Furie.

5 hours ago, proran said:

This is just mindblowingly beautiful. A cliché to say, but I am literally looking at these with my jaw dropped *oh2*. I am pretty sure you have used the full assortment of the Lego's 3.18mm parts... Wands inserted into the flex tubes is inspired, as many many many other NPUs. Cleavers for the propellers?! Hairpieces for the air vents?!

I do not recognize the conical pieces used as a bottom connections for some of the 3.18 bars. What is that part?

640x263.png

P.S.I love the slight color variation in the hull of the Furie.

Hi Proran,

I'm very pleased you love my steamtugs. About the NPU's well it's a sort of extra for me to find out new ways to use the parts, like the HP wands and cleavers. Always funny if something works perfect :wink:

The conical piece is from the old hose which is used in the old Classic Town and Space sets. The cones are removable from the hose and the rigid hose 3D Flex tube) fits inside. The conical part is perfect for round shapes like the small chimney which you took a close up of.

73590c01a.original.png

Since the start of building Steam Tugs I visited a few exhibitions and show my creations two years ago at Legoworld the Netherlands. But I was asked twice for some maritime market based on tugs to show my creations too. So I agree and then you get to see a lot of surprised faces. But I was also asked whether I also made small models as a kit. 

This gave me the idea to make a kit of the Hercules as a micro model in scale 1:150. The model was ready quite quickly and with some adjustments ready to make an instruction out of it. I had the instructions made via JunkStyleGio (Hans Tolhuisen) and the stickers come from JaapTechnic (Jaap Kroon).
Together with my buddy Edwin Korstanje I looked at the final touch for a nice box and a just printed instruction. The result is a nice little micro model in a relatively small task. The next model is now also on the way, but more about that soon.

51017993853_97cd0d1bd8_b.jpg

51018817072_1d25a07cf2_b.jpg