Sign in to follow this  
mdemerchant

Hello, my name is Mike

Hi, my name is Mike and I decided to finally create an account after reading the forum for about a year.  I spent plenty of my earlier childhood playing with Lego but didn't continue as I got older.  I've come back to it in the past few years as my children started to get small sets for birthday presents and then started to ask for big sets.  I found it was quite fun helping them build their sets and building random things with them.  5 year-olds are easily impressed by daddy's building skills.

My daughters are mainly into Friends and Disney Princesses so my selection of available system bricks is certainly colorful but of limited use for building say a UCS size X-wing or a working excavator which I would find more interesting.  I have picked up several of the larger Technic sets released in the last few years so I now have enough of that to build most anything that comes to mind and that's where I spend most of my building time.  Having a great looking model is cool but having a model that actually functions appeals to my engineering background.  I do browse the Sci-fi and Star Wars forums from time to time as well as I really enjoy seeing the creations people come up with.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Welcome to EB, Mike.  Glad you found your way out of the dark ages and into Technic!  Would be fun to see some of your MOCs sometime.  Happy building!  :classic: