cimddwc

[MOC] Café, Fashion, and more

Hi everyone,

my latest building: A modular "double double house", i.e two parts with different facades on front and back.

51016412127_5c25cc3f23_c.jpgDD fronts by cimddwc, on Flickr

Featuring a fashion store, a small ice cream parlor, a café, a waffle shop, and some offices and apartments. And parts of the Winter Village Fire Station set's facade.

Possibly the smallest ice cream parlor in town, but, judging by the queue, also the best:

51016319361_94f3d801ec_z.jpg

Geometry fun fact: the square root of 49+49 is nicely close to 10:

51016412287_805b597301_z.jpg

The outdoor part of the café continues next to the neighboring building:

51016412787_efc59372b2_z.jpg

Inside: Latest fashion from the Beauxbatons collection, a café using parts of an old Friends set, the little ice cream parlor, and the waffle shop uses another Friends set:

51016319726_1bbfcf1c67_c.jpg

Upper floor of fashion store: orange astronaut fashion is all the rage; and a lawyer's office in the dark red half:

51016412672_c792152e16_z.jpg

A financial advisor inhabits one side - white-haired customer is waiting, the assistant sits in the middle, and the advisor with a big gold clock in her office.
The other half is a small single-room apartment (but still expensive right next to the market square) - the woman apparently doesn't enjoy the TV program as much as her boyfriend, but luckily she got hold of the remote:

51016319611_1b577f5493_z.jpg

And on the top floor, there's an apartment spanning the full depth - and the orange astronaut fashion is being produced here in home work:

51016319531_bd5cfaa50b_z.jpg

And finally the parents' bedroom under the roof, plus a roof terrace:

51016319446_bee982899d_z.jpg

The narrow part features a small and cramped robotics workshop (an old Friends set) and an apartment spanning two floors.
(Seems something was forgotten in the inaccessible space under the stairs...):

51016318971_a342ab89d2_z.jpg

Between the neighboring buildings, the round pharmacy on the left and the old "Atlantis-style" City Bank on the right:

51016411972_637c7e72cf_z.jpg

Maybe I should spice up the side windows of the pharmacy a bit.

Same buildings on the other side, facing the market square, which will hopefully be finished soon:

51016411902_dbcae1a8f7_z.jpg

» Flickr album

Hope you like it...

Not much to say - your builds are always awesome. The mannequins in the windows of the fashion store remind me a little of autons from Doctor Who :laugh:.

The interior looks a little cramped, and you must have weighed this against the effect of having a façade on the front and back - what tipped the balance for you?

Great builds! I was very impressed by the exterior but the interior is just as impressive.

I'm very impressed by the protruding bit of the facade - I've been tinkering with a similar shape myself, so I know just how hard it is to pull off as well as you have. 

Thanks, everyone!

17 hours ago, jimmynick said:

The interior looks a little cramped, and you must have weighed this against the effect of having a façade on the front and back - what tipped the balance for you?

Well, it's always a compromise anyway. The exterior proportions are smaller than in real life, so either I make properly sized rooms with an apartment spanning two or more full floors, or I make the interior smaller and more cramped. In this case, I chose the latter to get more different functions inside. Sometimes noticing "Oh, i forgot this item", making it even more cramped than intended...

Love your repurposing of the Winter FS, the roof design lends itself particularly well to a modular build.  Thanks this is inspiring, I am going to work on a Dutch Canal House.

how did you build the window sides? I cant figure out the pieces used.

Edited by natesroom

Minifigure, Footgear Roller Skate (connected to the curved slope above)
Plate, Round 1 x 1 (connected to roller skate)
Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Light Attachment - Thick Ring
Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Bar Handle on End - Closed Ends or Plate, Modified 1 x 1 Rounded with Bar Handle
Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Bar Handle
Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Tooth Vertical

plus regular plates in between where needed for spacing.

ahhh the tooth vertical is one i hadnt seen much of in that usage postion!

Edited by natesroom

I like this a lot! Different facades on front and back is a clever idea.