Bregir

[TER] Coordinating war efforts

In the mayoral hall in Pamu, Archduke Miro Oldis has called the Corlander delegation and his own advisors to discuss the second Terraversan war of independence. After introductions, Lord Spud handed over a sealed letter from L'Olius to Oldis.

Spoiler

Westface, February 621AE

To the Archduke of Kings Port and Hero of the War of Independence,

Miro Oldis

In these dark times with Bluecoats swarming our costs, taking the lives of our brothers and sisters, and conspiring with treacherous scum to see our hard fought independence replaced by the yoke of a imperialistic usurper, Terraversan patriots must stand together. To that end, I have ensured the support of Corlander arms and a significant force has been landed to augment my own in Westface, where we amass to secure Terraversan interests. It is unfortunate that you were unable to hold Kings Port until I could reinforce the city and throw the invaders into the sea. In addition, the fleet is at my command to protect our interest. I am most pleased you have been able to bolster your forces with a sizeable retinue of mercenaries, although I had hoped you had been able to leverage your connections with Eslandola for more commitment, as I have with Corrington.

We shall reclaim our lands - and have you reinstated in your rightful position as Archduke of Kings Port, or leave our lives on the alters of liberty. I have full commitment from Corrington's representatives that they will stand with us to the end, as should be evident in their full declaration of war with Oleon. For all coordination military and diplomatic, you may rely on the Corlander delegation - together with our allies, Terraversa shall once more be free.

With your holdings reduced to Pamu, and my forces all told outnumbering yours considerably, it must be clear to all that I am not in a position to accept playing the second fiddle in negotiations for peace on Terraversa, nor a secondary role in its future. Hence, I hereby must inform you that I cannot consider a treaty legitimate that I have not myself signed in safeguard of the common man, the Atwi, and all of Eastern Terraversan.

For Liberty

Grand Admiral L'Olius

Ruler of Westface, Protector of Terraversan Seas, and Representative of the Atwi

After a short aside to read the contents in private, Oldis asked the Corlanders: "Are you informed of the contents of this message?"

"We are informed of the headlines of L'Olius' objectives and demands, but do not know the exact wording of the message." Montoya responded with a bow.

Prio's Commodore de Pernica leaned in with a discreet advice for Oldis, who nodded. "In mutual respect, I shall share with you the demands we have received from Oleonese negotiators. Take your time to read this." He said, handing over the Oleonese letter.

pamu-meeting-close-wide.jpg

Build by @evancelt

The Corlander delegation discussed for a moment, then Lord Spud spoke harshly. "This is preposterous! Surely, they must be mad!" Montoya added: "And your position on this, mylord..."

"We shall demand their full withdrawal from Terraversa before negotiations for any special considerations for Nola Mar and the socalled Loyalists can be negotiated." Shrugging, he continued: "Naturally, they will not accept such demands, but they are no more absurd than their own."

General Rizzo broke in: "The occupation of Kings Port must end and the city be brought back to full Terraversan control. This is a matter of principle."

"L'Olius, unsurprisingly, shares this view, as does Corrington." Montoya said. "It would seem we are much of one mind. I wish only to add one thing. L'Olius absolutely will demand to be treated as equal to the Archduke, and feels justified in this considering the current situation, as well as the arrrangements made after independence was won."

Several of Oldis' advisors gave anxious looks to the Archduke who held back his initial response. Eslandian Admiral de Flynt took the word. "Gentlemen, I believe positions are now clear. But neither Oldis' forces here, nor L'Olius' in Westface can stand alone against the blue tide..."

"Indeed, and as I believe we are in agreement of overall objectives... More or less..." Lord Spud harrumphed "You may consider our purpose here to coordinate efforts. Consul Montoya is authorised to represent both Corrington and L'Olius diplomatically, and can be considered council in all such matters." Montoya bowed, and Lord Spud pointed to Brickleton. "And Captain Brickleton here, and myself, will support any military coordination."

"Excellent, sirs. Now let us get to work - there is much to do."

Lovely build! I feel like I've been in that room before, with the wood framing and mottled walls. You've really captured the atmosphere of such a meeting. :thumbup:

And an excellent job of recreating the minifigs from my earlier build. Bravo! :pir-thumb:

7 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Lovely build! I feel like I've been in that room before, with the wood framing and mottled walls. You've really captured the atmosphere of such a meeting. :thumbup:

And an excellent job of recreating the minifigs from my earlier build. Bravo! :pir-thumb:

Thanks @Capt Wolf! I didn't have many of the torsos you used in your build but used artistic license to reimagine them as best I could! The room build is 24x24 - originally started with 16x16, but with that many figs it needed to be quite large!

Compared to my last Pamu build, I was able to give Lord Spud ( @Spud The Viking  ) the correct torso and some tartan pants this time. For Montoya, I changed out his sharpied head with an official TLG one.

Nice story, @Bregir! Interested to see where this leads

Edited by evancelt

Agreed that the atmosphere is well-done, especially without a ton of extra detail crammed in.  It's a good balance.  Spotted the rug/hearth in front of the fireplace that looks interesting...

47 minutes ago, deraven said:

Agreed that the atmosphere is well-done, especially without a ton of extra detail crammed in.  It's a good balance.  Spotted the rug/hearth in front of the fireplace that looks interesting...

Thanks! Those rug tiles are featured more prominently in this build