Malen Garek

[K5 - Mygeeto - PA] Hyperspace Horrors

*Your entry has earned 13 XP*

Why did we follow so blindly? Why did we get sacrificed like pawns in a game? When will this end? I am Captain Ruhn of the Emissary and this is how we found hell in deep space.

It all started when we were tasked to investigate an anomaly out in deep space, the farthest we thought harm would find our crew. We had just returned to headquarters from a blockade hold nearby Mygeeto when we were given the order to investigate. It seemed simple enough. Our fierce Commander Lazvis, one whom I think was oblivious to what was really at hand, told us one way or another, we shall stick to protocol. Arriving at the coordinates, all we could see was the vastness of space surrounding us. Commander Lazvis, still sticking to his routine, sent me to ready my men in case of any disruptions. Communications were opened up in order to relay the situation to headquarters. We were told this task was of peak interest to Imperial High Command. Before we could reach them, it began. Out of the void, a flash of dark red light, striking out with bolts of lightning could be seen in clear view of the bridge. The alarms automatically kicked in, it seemed this unusual force was sabotaging our reactor with its increasing amount of energy. Our technicians trying to get communications back online were subsequently knocked back by the energy which found its way into our batteries. Little did we know, this was the least of our problems.

Here is a link to my Flickr post.

Hyperspace Horrors

Edited by goatman461

A nice very atmospheric build, you capture the clean lines of a Star destroyer bridge well and I like the overhead detailing too.

Great lighting and figure placement. Personally I’m not a fan of Minifig arms being used like this however it captures that pensive stance very well. 

Fantastic shot! The atmosphere is exceptional, and the build gets it all the way there. I'd love to see a behind-the-scenes shot of the whole build, if any exist!

That's a great build! You got the feeling of an hyperspace jump from an SD deck. The ceiling really helps the build. I miss more shots, as the build has also the crew in the floor holes.

I saw Mygetto in the title and was excited to see a take on the planet. But it's just a SD bridge! But oh, what a great SD bridge it is! Certainly makes up for my disappointment. I love how you got the angles of the floor pits and love that you included the larger pipes at the ceiling level.