Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher Floyd

[MOC] Medieval House

Definitely a house to be liked.
With just a hint of greebling, the use of wood bricks on the door side, and the kind-of decal above the door its a lust for the eye.
Kinda looks like the large curved window on the side is meant as a religious extension to the house, but perhaps its meant to imply an elvish style? At least, the female minifig seems to have big ears.

One question, any reason why the overhang of the roof on the door side is two studs large, and the curved window side only one?

Great work! It immediately screams "medieval house", post title notwithstanding - which is already a fine start in a medieval MOC. I don't recognise lots of the parts used to make the minifigures - especially the innswoman's multi-coloured hair, which I love - but they fit the era.

I particularly like the repurposed sextant sticking out of the wall. I'm a big fan of parts designed for a specific purpose, being reused for something completely different.

Fantastic!! I love the colors and roof technique. What is your total part count? 

Really nice build, but the minifigs kind of steal the show imo :laugh: That being said, I like the elongated/slender/tall shape of the house, also good subtle colors.

The minifigs really have a ton of character and stand out. Really good job overall :thumbup:

Wow, thanks for your kind comments!

I‘m really happy that you like this house and especially the Minifigs, since I‘m totally into kitbashing.

@GeoBrick: Thank you! I thought it would look better if the overhang is a little bit different on those two sides. Maybe I‘ll try it a different way with the next one -there will be more houses:-)

@Alexandrina: Thanks:-) The woman‘s hair is from the „Azari“-Minidoll of the LEGO Elves Series. The sextants had a similar function in the „Medieval Market“-Set, I thought it might fit in here as well:-)

@arselus: Thank you! I didn‘t count the parts but I think it should be something between 900 and 1000.

@pantelis, @BlackGloveBricks: Thank you very much:-)

@Sarophas: Thanks! I‘m happy you like those minifigs, to me, putting all those parts together in order to create completely new characters is half of the fun:-)