@Jeroen Ottens the engine details look great! I like the method used to place those black beams on that crazy angle as well. 

+1 for @T Lego suggestion as well. I managed to take Anto’s concept and modify it into a R+N+7 gearbox for my current project. It works very well and takes up very little space.

Impressed by the progress so far! Happy to finish the pimped up Sian first this weekend, just to tear it down later to build this MOC!

are those train wheels acting turbos? :laugh:

also are you using LAs to operate the doors?

2 hours ago, MY1 said:

It looks like 3x3 discs with this wheel. 

Although I do like the way the engine is looking now, are there any plans for a removable engine cover? With a 8 speed 'box, it's always nice to see the engine in action and not just listen to it...
Great progress! Love the way the rear is coming along!

On 4/29/2021 at 10:12 PM, T Lego said:

Very nice progress Jeroen, I really like all the engine details!

One question about the gearbox: have you considered using a setup like this to achieve 8 + N + R in stead of the early prototypes shown above? The gearbox shown below is based on a concept presented by Anto a while ago where you're using the two driving rings for high/low for reverse and neutral as well. Reverse has the same ratio as first gear and is realised by bypassing the 4 speed gearbox. I know it's probably too late to change anything and I am unaware about the specific space limitations, however this is a much more compact and simpler solution that could have potential. It's not much bigger than regular 8 speed gearboxes. Maybe not exactly the type of setup you were wishing but just sharing an idea here. :wink::thumbup:

Good luck and I'm looking forward to the next update!:excited:

On 4/30/2021 at 7:12 AM, langko said:

@Jeroen Ottens the engine details look great! I like the method used to place those black beams on that crazy angle as well. 

+1 for @T Lego suggestion as well. I managed to take Anto’s concept and modify it into a R+N+7 gearbox for my current project. It works very well and takes up very little space.

Thanks guys, I forgot about that one. Luckily this car is designed in a modular way, so replacing the gearbox is relatively simple. I had to shrink @Anto's design a bit further to make it all fit, but I think it will work.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, MY1 said:

No and yes (mini-LA's)

On 4/30/2021 at 7:42 PM, Thirdwigg said:

It looks like 3x3 discs with this wheel. 

Exactly that.

7 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Although I do like the way the engine is looking now, are there any plans for a removable engine cover? With a 8 speed 'box, it's always nice to see the engine in action and not just listen to it...
Great progress! Love the way the rear is coming along!

Yes, the engine cover will be removable.

And thanks everybody for the advice and feedback. Much appreciated!

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

On 4/29/2021 at 9:23 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

So reverting back to a known concept feels simple to me :sweet:.

I assume this is the marker of grownth.  :thumbup:

It has been nearly a month since my last update, but a lot has happened in that time. I have modified @Anto's brilliant 8D+N+R gearbox to make it fit in my model, redesigned the rear suspension, the front suspension, the door mechanism, the monocoque and tweaked the bodywork to make the doors open/close better. So basically almost every part of the build was updated :tongue:.

Here are some photos of the current (practically final) state:

51208516068_d018f3ff89_b.jpg

51207602622_e6bb647c90_b.jpg

Final functionality is:

Independent suspension on all wheels
Steering through steeringwheel in cockpit
8D+N+R sequential gearbox operated through removable HoG in the rear
Scissor doors operated through HoG gears behind the seats
Detailed V8 engine

Comments, critique and questions are appreciated as always

Leg godt,

Jeroen

Looking good. The doors are very well done and I like the side mirrors a lot too. 

Nut sure about the windscreen area though. It looks kinda inverted the way the flex axles are so much further past the black 9l linkages.

I was just looking up photos of the real car and the resemblance is mind-blowing! :wub_drool:

Hennessey-Venom-F5-35.jpg

I agree with @langko that it would be good if the black part of the A-pillars could be moved closer to the lime part.

And have you tried replicating the white line on the inside of the headlights? Maybe with a slightly bent rigid hose... But it's always difficult to mount those without adding ugly clips, so I can understand it may not be worth it.

This is amazing, I have been trying to find the right words to comment on this for a long time now. Please tell me that you will be selling the instructions to this. I would love to have this in my collection. It would complement it perfectly.

Wow,  impressive, first time I saw this topic and it is interesting and educational to see the WIP. There are obviously a lot of Sian parts in this build, but this isn’t a B-model isn’t it?