User5346

Help with building technique in MOC

Hi everyone,

I am working on a moc (speed champion scaled vehicle) and I have run into an issue. I would like to attach the black tile to the structure so there is no gap between them. I have tried a few things but they ended up being illegal or left a gap. Hopefully some is able to help as I am getting a little frustrated haha

here is a picture: https://ibb.co/ZWNjXxx

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

You could replace the dark grey 1x2 inverted bracket plate with a 1x1 version and then put a uninverted 1x1 bracket next to it connected to the brown jumper and the black tile. 

It would still be difficult to attach the two 1x1 brackets together.

I would use a 1x1 brick with pin hole on its side, with the bottom facing to the left (as in the picture). On the bottom of that brick (left) you then put a 1x1 plate, followed by a pin with stud, followed by that cylinder you are already using.

1 hour ago, Lira_Bricks said:

It would still be difficult to attach the two 1x1 brackets together.

The inverted 1x1 bracket is attached to the floor, connected to it is the brown jumper plate, connected to that is the uninverted 1x1 bracket, and finally connected to that is the black tile.

1 hour ago, Lira_Bricks said:

followed by a pin with stud, followed by that cylinder you are already using.

It's kinda hard to see, but I'm pretty sure the half cylinder is centered in the two-wide area on a 1x2 jumper plate

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

You could replace the dark grey 1x2 inverted bracket plate with a 1x1 version and then put a uninverted 1x1 bracket next to it connected to the brown jumper and the black tile. 

Thanks for that - will look into this soon, as right now I don’t have those pieces

8 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

I would use a 1x1 brick with pin hole on its side, with the bottom facing to the left (as in the picture). On the bottom of that brick (left) you then put a 1x1 plate, followed by a pin with stud, followed by that cylinder you are already using

Interesting idea, however how will the black tile connect?

30 minutes ago, User5346 said:

Interesting idea, however how will the black tile connect?

Something like this:

04bqyo1

Where the right-most brick should be under the 1x1 brick, with the stud in the hole.

14 minutes ago, Lira_Bricks said:

Something like this:

04bqyo1

Where the right-most brick should be under the 1x1 brick, with the stud in the hole.

Very nice although i meant the black tile that goes on top. How would that connect?

On 3/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, User5346 said:

here is a picture: https://ibb.co/ZWNjXxx

Simply use a 4070 brick laid on its back plugged to an upright same brick and set it one stud further in. Add another 1 x 1 plate on top as the spacer for the tile. A perfectly valid building technique.

Mylenium