• grey cat
  • purple sheep
  • purple creeper
  • golden carrot :wub:
  • plenty of new skins
  • foal
  • finally more chickens

Interestingly, only a single set includes Steve :laugh:

A $60 / Euro set that has less than 600 pieces and ONE figure is insulting. 

13 hours ago, Maple said:

A $60 / Euro set that has less than 600 pieces and ONE figure is insulting. 

The phantoms are characters, they count. 

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The phantoms are characters, they count. 

No they don't.

That's like saying the Panda set has 3-4 figures because of the pandas. 

It's a $60 set with one minifigure.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

No they don't.

That's like saying the Panda set has 3-4 figures because of the pandas. 

It's a $60 set with one minifigure.

Whether they are characters or not they add to the feel of the build - a panda nursery without pandas could be anything, and the moulds still contribute to the cost of the set. Take the new City sets for example. If you were pricing out that set you would factor in the elephants and crocodile, because without them it’s a ridiculously expensive set. 
Also if they aren’t characters, what are they?

People making excuses for a $60 LEGO set having ONE minifigure is reaching cult level loyality to LEGO.

There are even much more expensive sets that don't have a single minifig, OMG!

47 minutes ago, Maple said:

People making excuses for a $60 LEGO set having ONE minifigure is reaching cult level loyality to LEGO.

I don't think you can really compare Minecraft to other minifigure-based themes 1:1. I'm not into Minecraft myself, but it's not a theme where minifigures are as important or desirable as in other minifigure themes. It's all the different mobs and representations of the wide variety of things in the game that are important.

That's why at first there only WAS one Minecraft minifigure at all, and then for a good while longer only two in most sets! LEGO has only recently started making all of the unique player designs. A big Minecraft set with only one minifigure is really nothing new.

EDIT: I was forgetting the bad guy minifigs that have existed since the beginning, but they also were just representations of game mobs as much as buildable ones are.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

It’s not excuse making, it’s not cult-level loyalty. It’s being able to look at a set and not determine it’s value on the number or quality of the minifigures. It’s also not getting in a strop because a set doesn’t live up to expectations, because I don’t have expectations for a luxury product. 

My copy of 21171 included a spare trident *huh* Not sure if that’s supposed to happen, strikes me as a very odd spare part. I need to open 21173 as well to confirm :purrr:

LEGO World Club and jedijacpenguin provide us with the following set list for early 2022:

21177: tbd Minecraft Desert 2022 
21178: tbd Minecraft Foe 2022 
21179: tbd Minecraft Mooshroom 2022 
21180: tbd Minecraft Underwater 2022 
21181: tbd Minecraft Bunny 2022 
21183: tbd Minecraft Dire Cave 2022

Not overly specific, but these could be very interesting. Another desert set is long overdue (especially if it’s a temple) and new sets featuring Mooshroom and bunnies are not unwelcomed. For the latter, I hope a big bunny build is included to complement the sheep and chicken builds we’ve gotten before.

The last one is probably misspelled and should read Deep Cave instead, or at least that’s what I hope :excited:

On 8/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

The last one is probably misspelled and should read Deep Cave instead, or at least that’s what I hope :excited:

Especially if they’re translated from other languages. It would also compliment the long awaited 1.18 update too.

I saw a potential list of names for the sets:

21177 The Ambush of the Creeper

21178 The Fox Lodge

21179 The Mushroom House

21180 The Guardian Duel

21181 The Rabbit Ranch

21182 The Training Ground

Haven't seen guardians in a while, hopefully it'll be a good "battle pack" to populate the ocean monument.

4 hours ago, Snake Slime said:

I saw a potential list of names for the sets:

Interesting, so some of the names seem to have changed a bit. If the initial list is still to be believed, then the Creeper Ambush is set in the desert and the Training Ground is cave-related :shrug_oh_well:

And I hope they realised their mistake with the last fox and gave it a proper new mould, rather than reusing the cat head mould again :tongue:

4 hours ago, Mr No said:

No 2022 thread? 

Minecraft doesn‘t seem to be overly popular here on EB, I mean the thread isn‘t even pinned :grin: Too bad, as I really like that theme

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Minecraft doesn‘t seem to be overly popular here on EB, I mean the thread isn‘t even pinned :grin: Too bad, as I really like that theme

I plan on getting some Minecraft sets. The dungeons jungle creature is a must buy for me, I really like the design and I checked out the game, they can do 2 more golems like that, probably 1 dungeons set for the summer then. 

Minecraft will continue with 2 waves in 2HY:

June:

• 21184 Bakery?
  • 21185 Nether?
  • 21186 Ice Castle?
  • 21187 Barn?
  • 21188 Llama?

August:

• 21189 TBA 364 pcs
  • 21190 TBA 422 pcs

Sounds pretty interesting, even though I would have expected a set based on the latest update :shrug_oh_well: I hope 21188 includes a brick built llama structure similar to the chicken, sheep, pig, bunny, and fox "houses" we've gotten before :laugh: In terms of new mobs, none of these sound like something that would obviously require a specific mob 

Bakery sounds cute. Hoping for some new food pieces, mostly a pumpkin pie piece :moar: Nether could be something, maybe an official Strider? Ice Castle is definitely based on the Dungeons Creeping Winter DLC. Barn is probably my favorite, hopefully it comes with some good animals. Cows are kinda rare. Llama hopefully comes with some new variations of llamas. Overall this wave sounds pretty good :classic:

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Minecraft will continue with 2 waves in 2HY:

June:

• 21184 Bakery?
  • 21185 Nether?
  • 21186 Ice Castle?
  • 21187 Barn?
  • 21188 Llama?

August:

• 21189 TBA 364 pcs
  • 21190 TBA 422 pcs

Sounds pretty interesting, even though I would have expected a set based on the latest update :shrug_oh_well: I hope 21188 includes a brick built llama structure similar to the chicken, sheep, pig, bunny, and fox "houses" we've gotten before :laugh: In terms of new mobs, none of these sound like something that would obviously require a specific mob 

No Dungeons set?