Tom_Brick

Hello! My name is Thomas

Hi everybody,

I'm Thomas or Tom for short. I've only recently returned to the world of bricks and am quite new to the AFOL sphere. My Lego story began as a kid in the 1980s with a couple of Classic Space sets. I collected all kinds of Space sets and as I got older moved on to first Model Team and then Technic. All of which I tended to heavily mod of course. At some point in my teens my love for Lego was superseded by other things and I didn't build bricks for more than 20 years.

Fast forward to the COVID-Lockdown when a co-worker motivated me to get back into building Legos. But I was soon bored by most existing sets and continued where I left off as a teen and began designing MOCs. Nowadays, that's of course a lot easier with the software solutions out there and I quickly built up a library of MOCs.  As my love for Space sets has not gone away since I was a kid, my current MOCs are all Star Wars and/or Classic Space related, though I'm currently also looking to go into modular buildings, in particular, I want to design a medieval city which unlike most medieval buildings is not supposed to have the "rotten medieval" look but a cleaner look. But it's still early days for that project.

In case anybody is interested, you can have a look at my current MOC portfolio on my Rebrickable page here: https://rebrickable.com/users/thomin/mocs/

Incidentally, that Rebrickable page is also how I found this forum as it showed up in my analytics as a source for clicks. Somebody must have linked to one of my MOCs on here. So I went over here, had a look and was intrigued by this AFOL community, hence why I signed up.

Apart from designing and building MOCs I have just started another project, namely restoring my old sets. Just before Christmas I picked up two large boxes with my Lego bricks from my parents' attic and now I'm going through each model one by one, cleaning the bricks, re-ordering missing pieces and building them up again. The first set which I restored was the 928 Galaxy Explorer, next up will be the Alien Moon Stalker.

Below are some pictures of my builds. I'm looking forward to many positive interactions with all of you.

640x640.jpeg  640x307.jpeg 640x480.jpeg 640x480.jpeg 640x480.jpeg 640x471.jpeg 

Edited by Tom_Brick