Hi! The winter is out, and I’m ready to show a new MOC :) This new Dozer was designed special for snow.

51002441412_5e17eb88b8_b.jpg

Dimensions: 75 x 39 x 25 cm, total weight 4.1 kg.

51001620753_1e847606a4_b.jpg

The model is powered by two BuWizz receivers.

Functions (13 motors in total):

- All-track drive, eight L-motors

- Steering (articulated chassis, working steering wheel), two L-motors

- Blade elevation, one M-motor

- Crane arm with extensible section, one M-motor and one L-motor

- Detailed cabin with opening door

- Pendular suspension on the rear axle

The model in action:

More photos on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/albums/72157718518188117

51002441827_114cdd66af_b.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Such a cool build and proven in real-life environment! Really great! :-)

It's still strange for me to see Legos out in the wild as one side says "wait, that belongs in a cozy home, so the mechanics won't get dirty" and the other side says "oh yeah, get dirty! thats what the real machines are meant for!" :D

Brilliant! Its got such a great look about it - is it based on a real life machine or totally from imagination? I really like this moc!

Amazing; impressed by the power the vehicle has to push really lots of snow forwards. Good work!!!

You mentioned 13 motors; but that requires a 7 PF-IR receivers + battery boxes or 4 PU Technic Hubs as well; but I can hardly see them. I guess you use BuWizz devices to save space in the model and have enough current/power available......

Wow, fantastic job, and it performs really well. Amazing that all those motors fit in there, and the exterior still looks so pretty! You’ve found a great solution for the extending boom, too.

I can tell it is build by Desert Eagle only by looking at it. It's your signature style:  dozen of motors, bald colors, and very recognizable styling. Performance is amazing. Good job!

I'm glad you like it, thanks for so many kind words! 

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

"wait, that belongs in a cozy home, so the mechanics won't get dirty"

Winter landscape is very friendly for LEGO models (excepting the frost :))))) there is no dirt here )

7 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

is it based on a real life machine or totally from imagination?

It's completely my fantasy, but I won't be surprised if similar machines are really existed :)

5 hours ago, designer-han said:

I guess you use BuWizz devices to save space in the model and have enough current/power available.

Yes, the dozer has two BuWizz receivers

14 minutes ago, desert752 said:

It's completely my fantasy, but I won't be surprised if similar machines are really existed :)

It is a totally believable machine. Okay, maybe only in Russia where some pretty weird machines exists.
Anyway, it is just pretty.

6 hours ago, proran said:

I can tell it is build by Desert Eagle only by looking at it. It's your signature style:  dozen of motors, bald colors, and very recognizable styling. Performance is amazing. Good job!

I had the exact same thought!!

Great MOC.  Thxs for sharing.  Ditto to what others have said.  Also, like to add it looks great in yellow and DBG tracks.  Looks like some Caterpillar machine... 

Btw... grew up in the Rocky Mts (USA - TONS of snow) but now live by the coast.  I love the coast but boy....do I miss the snow!

Edited by nerdsforprez

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I live the coast but boy....do I miss the snow!

I like winter very much :) Cross country skiing and of course LEGO Technic models :)))

I love winter too. It's some +20°C here in Hungary, maybe 2cm snow all winter. I remember -20C winters from my childhood. Climate change shows itself on my own skin.

14 hours ago, Lipko said:

I love winter too. It's some +20°C here in Hungary, maybe 2cm snow all winter. I remember -20C winters from my childhood. Climate change shows itself on my own skin.

Here in Croatia it us the same situation, but since our winter service is always surprised by snow, I'll take this "Indian" Summer, at least less trouble on my way to work and back.

Btw @desert752 great MOC 

Wow, great MOC, it's really cool that it works so well in the relatively deep snow. I guess it's built strong, but aren't you still afraid of losing some pieces when it's covered all the way to the top in snow? :) MOCs like these just make me feel like I want to build, build, build. Wish I had even more time for all my ideas. I wanted to build something for the snow as well but it never really arrived here this winter..

BTW, where do you guys get the background music from for these videos? Is there some site for such stuff?

Just saw this, and it speaks to me. I love machines designed for snow, especially plows (currently trying to get up the motivation to finish the cab on my plow truck). And snow is nice for outdoor models; once you're done, take it inside, put it by the wood stove, or heater, and let it drip-dry. :)

It's definitely giving me some inspiration for future MOCs...

On 3/5/2021 at 11:50 PM, gyenesvi said:

I guess it's built strong, but aren't you still afraid of losing some pieces when it's covered all the way to the top in snow? :)

BTW, where do you guys get the background music from for these videos? Is there some site for such stuff?

I almost didn't use non-Technic pieces, so the chance to lose some pieces is very small. Technic connections are really strong :)

I use music from Youtube library.

16 hours ago, desert752 said:

I almost didn't use non-Technic pieces, so the chance to lose some pieces is very small. Technic connections are really strong :)

I use music from Youtube library.

Yeah, that’s true, I sometimes loose lights and maybe some bushings from the end of axles that actually rotate and take some load.

Thanks for the info on the music, I’ll check that out.