monopunks

[MOC] Ninjago Borg Tower

Hello everyone, after two years of working on this MOC, my Borg Tower is finally complete. It is built upon 4 baseplates and is 3 feet and 10 inches tall (1.17 meters).

My references used were primarily from seasons 8,9 and 10, however, Borg tower in the series changes its appearance every few seasons, specifically the top part. I decided to integrate both versions of Borg tower to make it feel cohesive.

50941039502_0e58a1573e_c.jpg

LEGO Ninjago Borg Tower MOC by monopunks, on Flickr

Not a huge fan of the bottom part of the tower but I'm waiting for lego to one day make the new pointed wedge plate in dark bluish gray to make the angles smoother!

50999467788_78882d1e55_c.jpg

Borg Tower (additional images) by monopunks, on Flickr

Borg's office was tricky to do in the cramped space!

51000286467_0c5a987902_c.jpg

This is the area where Llloyd fights Mr. E and the SOG right at the beginning of season 8. It's only seen in seasons 8 and 10.

51000170286_a4d99f7c3b_c.jpg

I imagine this is what it was like when Garmadon and Harumi stormed Borg tower in-between seasons 8 and 9!

51000170251_3082280f47_c.jpg

I also have a video showing more detailed views of the interior!

Thank you for viewing! :classic:

Edited by monopunks

Love this build, reminds a bit of a tower I designed a mini version of some time ago. Well done!

Incredible build! It looks suitably imposing, but without sacrificing fun details! Well done!

I've always wanted to see a MOC of Borg's Tower, and finally at last, someone made one. Great work! Looks very imposing, and quite accurate to the Ninjago TV Show! 

The Borg Tower is an imposing and fascinating piece of architecture, no doubt daunting to construct, but you have absolutely done it justice! :wub: Congratulations on this build! 

One suggestion if I may, perhaps you could add some nanofigs to the outside of the building, like on the sky deck. They seem to be fairly to-scale, based on my own experience:classic: 

Edited by Exetrius

I don't see Ninjago sets often, and since Ninjago is one of my favorite themes (others are Expert and City), I am amazed by the work you've put into it. I wish it was much taller (like the mayor's office in the Lego Ninjago Movie), but I understand the limits put on making our sets tall.

I am currently in Dubai.  Someone could have as easily stated that this building was based off of an actual landmark here and I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Very nice design!! 

This looks great! Would be great if you built a mini-Ninjacopter for one of those helipads up top!

Oh thiiiis is what that was! I’ve been using this picture as a guide to try and make one in Minecraft for a while now, never knew it was from a fellow Eurobricks user!