BardDandelion

Iron Harvest - PZM-7 "Smialy"

Hi!

With some friends from my LUG we decided to make collab project based on art by Polish artist Jakub Rozalski (pronounced Rooshalsky :P).

We started publishing in Monday so follow #1920collabproject to keep in touch with coming MOCs.

Today I wanted to share my part of the collab - countryside diorama with small river, watermill and army passing by.

50993411751_e761a7bcb6_b.jpg

50992713923_a717bab8b5_c.jpg   50992713833_7cf684c730_c.jpg

50993527292_10dd1a9b0f_z.jpg                      50993413571_c5be84549c_z.jpg                     50993419346_3efddf5421_z.jpg 

Check my IG for more photos of this diorama. ;)

Woah! Such fantastic details, the time and effort is clear and well worth it :-)

Love the armoured walker!

Such a detailed MOC and instantly recognizable from the source material!  Ever since playing the board game "Scythe" with my family, I was very drawn in and interested in the concept art and planned some day to make some MOCs of it myself.

The mill looks very nice with realistic texturing.  Excellent job on the landscaping, and the cut-away effect really adds a lot to this build.  I like that technique with the hands for the streamers by the shrine.

...and, of course, the walker is such a wonderful element of the build and the most recognizable element from the art reference!  The greebling and details work very well.

Edited by Slegengr

@badgerboy
Thanks a lot!
Indeed, I put plenty of effort in it but really enjoyed time spent building it. Glad that you like it. ;)

@Slegengr
I wanted to build Smialy walker since... I don't even remember. Probably from the moment I saw it for the first time and it was years ago. Remember sketching it in LDD in 2017 or 2018.
How is the board game? Would like to try it but the size of the box always frightened me. :D
Thank you for your comment. ;)

Wow, very inspiring. I love the details. The wheat-field is brilliant: So simple, yet so convincing. I'll probably borrow some ideas for projects to come. 

And of course I'm a sucker for Diesel-Punk and Steam-Punk. So the Iron Harvest theme is right up my alley.

13 hours ago, BardDandelion said:

How is the board game? Would like to try it but the size of the box always frightened me. :D

It is just the type of game that my family enjoys immensely!  The basic functions are collecting resources to purchase upgrades while preparing for encounters (battles).  Each player has decisions on specialized focus or classes that are somewhat directed by individual advantages and disadvantages while also having some random environmental elements to make the strategies more interesting and challenging.  Even though it is a game that takes 2-3 hours to play, it is one of our top favorites now.  There are a lot of small parts and a fair amount of setup before beginning the game.  My oldest brother (who purchased the game) bought the upgraded tokens made of metal rather than plastic, and his wife's brother painted them with rather realistic details which just makes the game even more enjoyable.

My favorite part about the game is the steam/diesel-punk theme of the 1920+ world and the concept art.  If you are building MOCs like this, you are nearly sure to enjoy the game if you have interest in strategy board games.