Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] A Letter for Diplomacy

tvletter.png

tvletter_2.png

Robert Perrault, II, Duke of Vitoria, sat down in his office to quickly pen a letter to open diplomatic channels regarding the Terraversan Conflict. He hoped that writing the letter and sending off first before arriving for the talks would give the other nations ample time to read his proposals.

To Miro Oldis, L'Olius, Mr. Palma, and those whom represent the various nations involved in this conflict;

This is certainly quite a diplomatic challenge we seem to have found ourselves all in out in Terraversa. Nation vs nation is not something any of us wish to see. As we have seen raids and settlements taken. Brigadier des Armées Charles Louis Gabriel stated in his previous letter to you, Archduke Oldis, that this matter must end via peace talks. I myself have seen battle many years ago, and I know the horrors it can inflict.

Before this turns into a fullscale war, it is necessary we sit down and discuss our terms. I have been appointed by His Majesty King Philip I to act as the representative for Oleon.

Now I must be forthcoming, as otherwise we will snap at each other. My nephew, Emile Perrault, was on this expedition to Terraversa, and I very much would like to see him and his colleagues safely back in Oleander territories, as I'm sure all of you would like for your respective commanders, sailors, and troops. Surely many of you have relatives involved as well.

What bloodshed has been spilled is enough, so let us begin discussing terms.

1) An immediate ceasefire between all warring nations on the island of Terraversa. It will do us no good to discuss peace when we have bayonets at each others' throats and musket balls flying over our heads.

2) The current distribution of territory in Terraversa shall remain unchanged. Kings Port, as now held by Oleon, shall remain in our hands. Oleon shall renounce any claim to Pamu or Westface, and these settlements shall remain under Terraversan control. Regarding this, the town of Tanari is outside Pamu or Westfaces zone of control, surrounded by our forces. The position is untenable and the force there is doomed if ordered to go on resisting. Thus, I propose the town pledge loyalty to Oleon, the mayor and local officials may remain in place upon their pledges, any of the garrison wishing to remain may pledge the same oath, those who choose to depart will be granted safe passage to Pamu or Westface. Tell those departing to take the towns coffers with them, our men will help you pack it. This brings me to my second point.

3) Safe transport for all those who wish to emigrate from a region they feel might be hostile to them to one of their choosing. For example, there are many Loyalists who joined forces with Oleon during this engagement spread throughout Terraversa. We hope they are guaranteed safe passage to lands held by Oleon, such as the city of King's Port. You have my word that those who wish to leave King's port for a city more suitable to their political leanings will have the same. This will allow for all nations to have their supporters in their own borders, like with Silthonia and Tanari being traded.

4) All treasure gained throughout this ordeal will be retained by the factions who claimed them.

5) As this negotiation does not fully address our minor conflict with Corrington, we ask that you stay out of that affair, both militarily and diplomatically, as we attempt to open diplomatic negotiations with Corrington to resolve that feud in a way that is agreeable for both parties. If, for some sad reason, a fullscale war does break out between Oleon and Corrington, we wish to not have our treaties with the parties addressed here broken by other nations joining our side or Corrington's. Neutrality from you is desired as we settle our squabble.

I hope and do truly believe we will be able to resolve this conflict relatively quickly and without bloodshed.

Sincerely,

Robert Perrault, II, Duke of Vitoria

tvletter_3.png

tvletter_4.png

Excellent and very stately office, Kotz! Apart from the drapes, my eye is instantly drawn to the decanter and glasses at the side.

The letter is well-written too, although you are playing for high stakes here! :pir_laugh2:

10 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice build Kotz, looks great.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Excellent and very stately office, Kotz! Apart from the drapes, my eye is instantly drawn to the decanter and glasses at the side.

The letter is well-written too, although you are playing for high stakes here! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you! I've come up with two styles for drapes (the other one will be in another, non-BOTBS build I'm working on), but I like the simplicity I got with the banners.

And high stakes, this is all fair game here!:pir-laugh:

Nice vig. Very stately. I particularly like the stonework on the exterior. :thumbup:

---

Oldis has responded in the peace talks thread:

Nice build KotZ It's well detailed, and well rendered. 

I see negotiations are going well.... :pir-grin:

Spoiler
On 3/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, KotZ said:

2) The current distribution of territory in Terraversa shall remain unchanged.

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

2) The distribution of territory in Terraversa shall revert to the status quo prior to your invasion. All settlements will revert to Terraversan control under my authority as Archduke.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, KotZ said:

5) As this negotiation does not fully address our minor conflict with Corrington...

If this is Minor, then I can't wait for major! :pir-skel:

On 3/4/2021 at 10:29 PM, Mesabi said:

If this is Minor, then I can't wait for major! :pir-skel:

In terms of diplomacy, major is likely when one of the nations gets its name erased from the map :pir_tong2:

@KotZ nice little build! The bottles in the background are a fine touch!

10 hours ago, Keymonus said:

major is likely when one of the nations gets its name erased from the map

It's fair to point out that this is a colonial war (practically a proxy war). There's no conflict back home. 

12 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

It's fair to point out that this is a colonial war (practically a proxy war). There's no conflict back home. 

Well, that's just the choice of leadership. Personally, I'd love to send the Count rampaging into the Oleander heartlands, but BoBS prefers to avoid the old world.