koraldon

Trixbrix R56 curves injection molded recommendation

4 hours ago, Tube Map Central said:

The morality of this is so murky grey, I just can't get my head round it.

Let's take Emerald night, cheapest new/sealed price on Bricklink £390 (from South Korea). Bricklink auto-select of parted out set (any condition parts) £460 (yes, I know I could fiddle about, but that's not the grey issue).

That's rather a lot of money so ... I take the list of parts to Bluebrixx, ask them if they have all the parts and can pick them out for me.

They don't specify what you get and they don't give you instructions or something. But you can buy "kiloware" from a certain topic (e.g. technic) and then you might get all the parts to build a model by lego in the "kiloware". It's something like "buy X pounds of technic", a bit like a blind bag. So they basically buy lego clones for cheap from china, ship them to europe and sell them without box/instructions.

Regarding "lego comes from china": lego has many production facilities but most of the sets for the european market come from europe. GWPs from denmark, other products from hungary etc

On 3/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, dtomsen said:

Mould King (somewhat the successor of Lepin) and Xingbao have their parts manufactured by GoBricks which are supposedly superior to Lele and many others.

BlueBrixx do sell sets from many Chinese clone brands besides their own product portfolio but the parts are not necessarily manufactured in the same place(s) :classic:

Oh well. Let the derailment commence! =)

Your statement is not correct; Mould King does use "GoBricks" (Shantou City Golds Precision Technology) bricks, Xingbao does not. And Xingbao sometimes makes Xingbao-branded sets based on Bluebrixx sets (e.g. their Train Station, Neuschwanstein), so I assume that Xingbao already did the Bluebrixx version in the first place (or they use a common source of bricks, but that is definitely not GoBricks). Many train people wish Bluebrixx would use GoBricks as source, because GoBricks is the new gold standard in brick quality. BB's R56/R72 tracks are obviously also not made by GoBricks; you can tell by the mold identifier on the brick and the mold sprue.

I find it problematic to speak of "clone brands": Some people think of clone brands as "anyone selling bricks but TLG", others would only use it for someone manufacturing 1:1 copies of LEGO sets. In China, neither is forbidden, while in "the West", only the second one is. Lepin/King do obviously manufacture 1:1 clone sets, BB, Xingbao, Mould King, COBI do not. TLG is not in legal battle with BB over clone sets but solely over the Minifigure-Warenformmarke TLG has only in the EU (afaik not in the US, not in Switzerland, not South Korea and definitely not in China). And the dispute is about how similar a different Brick-Figure is allowed to be to the TLG-Figure.

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Oh well. Let the derailment commence! =)

Your statement is not correct; Mould King does use "GoBricks" (Shantou City Golds Precision Technology) bricks, Xingbao does not. And Xingbao sometimes makes Xingbao-branded sets based on Bluebrixx sets (e.g. their Train Station, Neuschwanstein), so I assume that Xingbao already did the Bluebrixx version in the first place (or they use a common source of bricks, but that is definitely not GoBricks). Many train people wish Bluebrixx would use GoBricks as source, because GoBricks is the new gold standard in brick quality. BB's R56/R72 tracks are obviously also not made by GoBricks; you can tell by the mold identifier on the brick and the mold sprue.

My mistake about Xingbao :thumbup:

Regarding where BlueBrixx source their parts. It's not that hard to work out :classic:

They have stated in their China factory tour YouTube videos where they source their System parts, i.e. Lele.

Whether they still do or will in the future remains to be seen.

Their PF parts are very similar to Cada, including the components inside.

They have also stated in their YouTube videos that they paid and own the track molds themselves since they couldn't find a suitable supplier.

They also run a smallish storage, sorting and packaging facility in China themselves so their molding machines might be placed there...

l'll admit I find stuff like this interesting to figure out :grin:

Edited by dtomsen

On 3/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, Tcm0 said:

They actually do that from time to time. The hidden side ghost train express had an aid to get the trains on track and back in 2007 there was a double crossing. Also, they developed flex tracks in 2009 or something. But yeah, not much development overall.

I am a big fan of the ramp. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=178919#T=C&C=85