ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego M1A2C Abrams SEP V3-TUSK2 (updated)

Hi mates! This is my last update of my flagship Main Battle Tank: M1A2C Abrams USA's MBT with SEP V3 and TUSK2. This is the latest operational update by the US Defense to its M1 Abrams prior to the M1A2D version currently under development. It has increased power generation and distribution, better communications and networking, new Vehicle Health Management System (VHMS) and Line Replaceable Modules (LRMs) for improved maintenance, an Ammunition DataLink (ADL) to use airbust rounds, improved counter-IED armor package, improved FLIR using long- and mid-wave infrared, a low-profile CROWS RWS, Next Generation Armor Package (NGAP),and an Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) under armor to run electronics while stationary instead of the engine, visually distinguishing the version by a small exhaust at the left rear. More passive ballistic protection added to the turret faces, along with new Explosive Reactive Armor mountings (Abrams Reactive Armor Tile (ARAT))and TROPHY Active Protection systems added to the turret sides. Prototypes began testing in 2015,and the first were delivered in October 2017.The first unit received them in July 2020.

50993780768_f686c4da9f_c.jpg

50994594357_3285b93dc3_c.jpg

50994595237_cf62ffa8dd_c.jpg

50993781603_01879d2da2_c.jpg

50994481776_f3cc143388_c.jpg

Other images on my flickr!

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Very nice tank like usual!

Thank you very much! I was not satisfied with the old look of my M1 Abrams so I studied a lot the real look and proportions of the real tank to apply in this update. I am very satisfied with the result.

28 minutes ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Can you make instructions please?

I would like to, but I don't know how to use the Lego model design programs that are usually used to create them. Furthermore, I don't even have time to learn how to use them properly, being at university I have little time available to do such a thing. But if you want I am at your complete disposal for suggestions, technical advice, tips on how I made this model, and in general all my models.:pir-thumb: