Sign in to follow this  
Faladrin

[Esl-FB] Ship : The 22 guns Frigate The Applecid

Recommended Posts

The 22 guns Frigate : The Applecid

 

Felipe de la Manzana commands were top priority for the Elysabethtown shipyards. They achive in a time record a heavy Frigate for the Apple lord and baptised it the Applecid (an easy pun :pir-grin:) as it is a war ship made to kill (Cid...) and it's belonging to the Apple trade empire of Felipe...

q03qPf9h.jpg

hKvqP5Wh.jpg

asO5maPh.jpg

VahmcE4h.jpg

GqjzBWwh.jpg

kQF5W5Ih.jpg

This ship will be licensed as a Class 6 Frigate.

It is the fastest ship I ever made.

That's why it's mainly built upon the new BSB style and plan just in order to spare me some headache in development and win me some time in building... And it's the best way to show my new green sails taken from the BSB red ones ! :pir_laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A better version than the BSB! :D

Great you took my advise and repositioned the masts, it is way better now!

Keep them going mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

It is the fastest ship I ever made.

?? It took me 7 months. How long did it take you (you can lie, 4-6 months would be a good answer!!)? I like your Eslandolan BSB! It's longer than the original but doesn't look like a dachshund or a sausage. The proportions fit, it looks elegant. The choice of colors is also well chosen and fits. The green color is well positioned and does not dominate.

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent MOD! Those sails and the brickbuilt flag at the stern are scene-stealers, but well done all around turning this into a three-master. :pir-thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice one, I noticed the green brickbuild flag for a :thumbup:

I love that bow and those refreshing green colors.

Thank you!

And the flag appeared to be the quickest idea I ever had and realised : it took me only 5 minutes to think of it, build it and position it at the stern just before taking the photography... Meanwhile, the ship was gently waiting its last addition. :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Maxim I said:

A better version than the BSB! :D

Great you took my advise and repositioned the masts, it is way better now!

Keep them going mate!

Thank you !

A good  advice ! :thumbup:  You were right ! The masts are way better like this !

1 hour ago, NOD said:

?? It took me 7 months. How long did it take you (you can lie, 4-6 months would be a good answer!!)? I like your Eslandolan BSB! It's longer than the original but doesn't look like a dachshund or a sausage. The proportions fit, it looks elegant. The choice of colors is also well chosen and fits. The green color is well positioned and does not dominate.

Well... erhm... I wouldn't want to lie but as the ship's heavily based upon the BSB, the main structure is a strait forward LEGO instruction book to follow and all my modifications finally took me very few time. I'd say it took me 7 to 10 complete days  :pir-oh: from concept to building (but I was on holidays and had only that ship in mind, at the great despair of my wife... :pir_laugh2:).

I managed to skip the "terrible" rigging stage by limiting it at its minimal, and luckily, the sails only took me 1 day to scan, digitally recolour, print, and cut; but they are just paper sails. I'd like to have fabric sails now but would need my sister's help for that.

So yes ! It's the fastest vessel I've ever built ! :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent MOD! Those sails and the brickbuilt flag at the stern are scene-stealers, but well done all around turning this into a three-master. :pir-thumb:

Thank you !

I was happy to make it the fastest I could ! I was happy to share with you the previews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.