Spud The Viking

On the road to Pamu [Collab - part 2]

Part One is Here

Along the long interior of Terraversa, the group were starting to get on each other's nerves...

50995554643_23cc7467bb_c.jpg

The soon came across an Atwi town.

"Marvellous, look at that!" Baker exclaimed. "The whole place is in full support of the resistance!"

True enough, the settlement was blooming with blue and yellow.

The trio were hailed as they came alongside the town wall. The weather was humid and warm, and a long march through the jungle began to tire our daring diplomats.

"I say, have any of you chaps seen my shaving equipment?" Brickleton asked.

Baker went on to water the horses, as Captain Brickleton began rummaging through their baggage. 

50995551013_5b90905f45_c.jpg

The locals came out to chat with the visitors. It turned out that the warriors had already been active in fighting the invading Bluecoats. One of the townsmen spoke of how he lost a leg during the siege of King's Port.

Spud continued the conversation, "Most valiant, man. I say, you will know the road to Pamu, aye?" The men nodded. "Well then, could you show us the way?" The men agreed to lead them a few miles in the correct direction, which was better than nothing.

"And what of the Bluecoats? Will their scouts be nearby?" Lord Spud questioned.

"It's not here!" Brickleton shouted over.

"What?" Returned Spud.

"My shaving equipment! I cannot go to the peace talks with a moustache!!" Answered the Captain.

"We found your boots in that bag, I bet your razer is in there too!" Retorted Spud. "Montoya, could you please pay attention here, we need to know of the dangers ahead"

"Hmmm", pondered Montoya, "in my notes I have never seen a red one before. That leaves only Trans-Neon Yellow to be discovered!"

"Sir! We have to keep on track" Insisted Lord Spud. "Ocht, why did I sign up to this? I think dealing with these men will be harder than the talks with Oldis!"

Will the men make it to Pamu in good spirits? Will they negotiate a brilliant deal in Pamu? Will Brickleton find his shaving equipment? All these important questions will be answered soon...

I read this at work and had to suppress a chuckle. Very well written, and good to have an explanation for Brickleton's sudden moustache and missing boots! :pir-grin: Also happy you picked up the naturalist in Montoya - I have been missing his simpler life amongst the flora and fauna specimens, but when Duty to Her Majesty calls, any Corlander naturally answer! The interaction between the three is really reminiscent of having been "confined" with the same people for too long - you've captured the mutual impatience very well. :pir-grin:

Lovely build and at short notice! I like the blue and yellow inserts and flags (is that pale yellow?) - this Atwi village at least does not seem concerned with showing their colours! Nice landscaping too.

2 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Will the men make it to Pamu in good spirits? Will they negotiate a brilliant deal in Pamu? Will Brickleton find his shaving equipment? All these important questions will be answered soon...

To be continued... :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice continuation of the story, Montoya discoursing on the spiders colors is a must :iamded_lol:

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The interaction between the three is really reminiscent of having been "confined" with the same people for too long - you've captured the mutual impatience very well.

Thanks Bregir! It may have been inspired by "lockdown" experiences. I mean, who wouldn't be annoyed in a hot jungle with a full uniform and no change of clothes? :pir-laugh:

7 minutes ago, Bregir said:

(is that pale yellow?)

Yes, I ordered some a short while ago and thought I'd throw them in for variety (or rather all of my regular yellow is being used on a ship :pir-wink:)

Very nice one. These collab are terrific. Very nice fig posing and techniques. 

On 3/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, Spud The Viking said:

That leaves only Trans-Neon Yellow to be discovered!"

Brilliant. 

Nice build, Spud! The water looks cool, and the blue and yellow are in full force in this town!