TheBob

[MOC] Night Buzzard Minifig-Scale

Hello, 

I'm posting for the first time, so please be considerate :-) 

I'm "BrickBob" and I want to introduce my Night Buzzard in Minifig-Scale which is released just today. I tried to recreate the shape as good as possible and used SNOT and tiles to give it a smooth look. Also, there is some interior which is shown in the pictures. The most difficult part were the engines, which turned out fine in my opinion. These were the starting points for the MOC. After that, I got the overall shape in order and in the last step the body of the ship as well. There are some moveable hatches to look inside. The model was tested, so I can asure that it works just fine :-)

test.jpg.e47a5bef98b950fc2458ac98091d0861.jpg

Some Facts: 

9435 parts, about 1 meter long, with power function LEDs.

Design took me about 5 months, as well as another month for the instruction. 

You can find some pictures here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/BrickBob/night-buzzard. If you want more, feel free to ask :-)

Please check https://brick-collective.com/en/produkt/brickbob-night-buzzard/  if you are interested in a 360°-View of the model and the instructions :-) 

You can find me on instagram: https://instagram.com/_brickbob_?igshid=6jf5dykw5bj8

PS: Seems like I'm not smart enough to add other pictures :D 

test.jpg

Edited by TheBob
Added pictures

That looks good, welcome to Eurobricks, there's a lot of great detail in your MOC and the angles are executed really well. The interior looks great too. The display stand is very well done.

Thank you :-) the 45 degree angle was challenging to achive, it looks good now, but mounting the side panels is a little tricky :D 

DANG! *huh*  This looks fantastic!

I was intrigued by this ship, but the official version was phoned-in by LEGO, and not having watched the entire movie I'm not sure how much screen time it received.  The exterior detail is perfect - some studs here and there, very well designed greeblies, it's all there!  I especially like the gun turrets and the detail work on the middle section.  All the different angles of the hull look really good as well.  Welcome and thanks for sharing!  Awesome work!

Fantastic rendition of such a cool looking and underused ship! Love the interior details. Awesome work!

3 hours ago, lowlead said:

I'm not sure how much screen time it received. 

Even less than the Knights themselves. 

5 hours ago, lowlead said:

Slightly more than slave one did in the OT, I believe. The KoR are the Boba Fett of the sequels: they look cool but all they really do in the films is stand around waiting to get killed off by a solo.

This looks fantastic! The Night Buzzard is such a cool-looking ship, and this really captures it's look. The scale is impressive as well, it looks about as long as your UCS falcon!

Thank you all for your nice words. It was a technical challenge as well. I can't count the amount of changes of the part direction to achieve that look and a useful stability :D

9 hours ago, lowlead said:

Yes, as the others said, quite less. Which also means that there is quite less reference material out there. For example there was no for the undersite of the ship, so I kind of freestyled there :D 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This looks fantastic! The Night Buzzard is such a cool-looking ship, and this really captures it's look. The scale is impressive as well, it looks about as long as your UCS falcon!

It is as long as the falcon :-) the exact measures are 94 x 44 x 29 (cm)

This is an incredible MOC. I love minifig scale ships. That part count though is huge! I might not be able to afford to build it anytime soon but this feels like a worthy long term project. So many amazing MOCs here

Edited by LDigital

Looks very cool!
I would recommend you to create a flickr gallery and upload the photos of your model(s) there. Then it's easier to link the photos here :)