Sign in to follow this  
smazmats

[MOC] MT-125 Mobile Prospecting Lab

50992253742_331ec5a6a0_b.jpg

At more then twice the size of the previous MT-21 rover, the MT-125 is a more robust and capable rover that can be used in a variety of applications. It features a full pressurized cabin/airlock and can comfortably seat 3 astronauts. This particular rover is fitted with a lab so it can analyze samples and scout out future crystal deposits. It is unarmed, though it does have a cache of personal weapons for the crew just in-case they are ambushed in the field.

50992189411_854517bd6e_b.jpg

50992310472_f3decf2e3a_b.jpg

50992311437_ea2b848913_b.jpg

I also have an album with more pics on my Flickr if anybody is interested!

Build notes: So this is kind of a loose re-imagining of the Mars Mission set 7648: MT-21 Mobile Mining Unit in what I'm calling "Neo Mars Mission style", which is essentially a bit more realistic and has a greater focus on mining crystals then blasting aliens. I hope to remake more Mars Mission sets like this in the future.  Also to note, a majority of the rover's suspension system has been adapted from the Official 21104 Curiosity rover set.

This thing is really cool looking.  It's a shame that the regular crowd in this forum doesn't really appreciate near future sci-fi as much as the more fantastical far future sci-fi.  Great build and crisp clean photography from multiple angles so we can really see all the nice details.  I really like the back door that looks like it can dock to a station with an airlock.  :thumbup: