SerenityInFire

[MOC] Serenity's Castle MOCs

Greetings friends!  I present to you, a tale of two cities.  These LDD designs were the culmination of wanting to build my dream castles, and finally getting a design down that I'm happy with.  The final designs and real life builds are quite a ways off, but I do really want to share the finalized designs of my gate houses, and a few other things I've finished for these two warring factions.  

First up is the Skeletons' gatehouse.

Dfpaw6z.png

zpb32RG.png

Here's a close up of the first level.  The room on the right is the general's war room, complete with maps.  The room on the left is where skeletons who should be on guard duty go to entertain themselves.

k2glT6G.png

Both rooms on the second floor contain levers to control the fully functional drawbridge and portcullis.  The room on the right also functions as a storage room while the room on the left is left empty.  On the third on final levels are a guest room and an armory for defending the castle from up high, including spears and a crossbow.

exJnONe.png

A close-up of the guest room.

lNvNTbE.png

The next building is the skeleton blacksmith.  He's equipped with several hammers and an anvil.  He's also wearing a protective apron.  The real life build of this MOC is mostly finished as I just need to finish the roof and the smoke stack.

ljek6Nv.png

The third and final building so far for the skeletons is the stable.  I have the stable part done IRL, but not the attached office, which is used for assigning horses and other associated paper work.

iOAgkI3.png

Now that we've gone through the Skeletons' gatehouse and other associated buildings, let's take a look for what I have designed for the Humans' side.

First up is the gatehouse, complete with functional portcullis and drawbridge.

05eWQ9B.png

BcGV6Xn.png

The first floor of the gatehouse contains an armory and the general's office.

qYFVCxU.png

The second level is pretty much the same as what was in the Skeletons' gatehouse; an empty room on the left and a storage room on the right as well as levers for controlling the portcullis and drawbridge.

pbghyUh.png

The top level is also quite similar to what was in the Skeletons' castle.  There's an armory on the left and a guest room on the right.

hcrMh3a.png

dot9OtQ.png

Edited by SerenityInFire
Wrong image. Oops!

That's a lot of work! I like the parallels between the two factions. Though I gotta say, the thought of skeletons taking themselves off to the rec room for entertainment made me giggle! 

Here's a little something else that I've been working on.  It's a carriage for a visiting king (the blue king from 2013 Castle).  It's based on the carriage from Lego Kingdoms 'King's Carriage Ambush'.  I modded the design a bit so that it could carry more weapons, securely carry a treasure chest, and seat one guard in the back.

Ummkt3H.png

I'm just waiting on some parts from bricklink to arrive so I can finish building this thing.

Another update to Skull Castle!  I finished the Crypt Tower.

EZOq72S.png

First floor is an armory.

3jgWLeq.png

Second floor contains the crypt - hence the name Crypt Tower.  This is where the skeletons go to recharge the arcane energies that fuel their existence after a long day of battle - or after a long day of poker.

EtfSklA.png

The third floor has another armor - this time crossbows and bolt quivers.  There's also a ladder that leads to the top level.

iX5ooP7.png

Here is a better shot of the ladder that goes to the top level.  There is also a turntable for a catapult that has yet to be designed.

Here's a small update to my Skeleton castle.  I've started working on the keep and have the entrance to the great hall nearly complete.

Mk1eKKO.png

The angel of death up top is holding a scythe and an hour glass, and is based on the one from the cover of Dissection's "Storm of Light's Bane" album cover by my favorite painter.

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, but I have some more designs to share!

Up first is a ballista for the humans, made in Bricklink Studio

2hpoksB.jpg

Next, is a church I just finished for the humans

PJGCQPC.jpg

Interior

D3uJfv3.jpg

Church bell

wT9OFnh.jpg

I almost forgot:

I also made this Seaside Fortress for the Skeletons.  It features guards and large storage area in the first floor.  The second floor has the harbor master's office, and there's a light house on top of that.

gkplpfd.jpg

O1yGLBX.jpg

I forgot to mention, the humans' church is inspired by this design:
https://www.printablescenery.com/product/medieval-church/

Edited by SerenityInFire

I just can't get over the fact that the skeletons have a guest room :pir-skel:

You can rest here sir..... Forever.

8 hours ago, hoppa said:

I just can't get over the fact that the skeletons have a guest room :pir-skel:

You can rest here sir..... Forever.

It's where the evil sorcerer can have his evil sorcerer friends over.  :)

I have a few more buildings for y'all.

First up is the humans' stable.

Pu87cHc.jpg

And next up is an Orcish kennel.  I felt like doing something different, so yeah; orcs.

WZhXETf.jpg

Alright, this is my final post for tonight, I swear!

I just finished a howdah that goes on the back of a triceratops.  Now, I don't have all the pieces on hand, but I do have a triceratops, I think this should fit on its back, with some hanging off.

6HzlbIr.jpg

C0ZKc5d.jpg

Another day, another building! 

This time, however, I've decided to restart doing the skeleton keep, but on a much smaller scale.  I just don't have the money or the room to display a huge MOC with thousands of pieces.  I've been taking inspiration from the 3 in 1 Medieval Castle set.  While this section isn't fully complete, I have enough done that I feel like showing it off.  It consists of the dungeon, a torture chamber prison guard's room, a second floor armory and a guard tower.  C&C is welcome.  I hope you all enjoy!

2UDGxtS.jpg

Z8wzEao.jpg

Hey MontyMatt,

I'm glad you're enjoying my builds.  Here's my skeleton castle so far:

yDUJSFv.jpg

In some sort of happy accident, I made it so that the castle can be easily expanded by building additional modules.  I'll show off the interior later.  I've got the dungeon, armory, rec room and the evil wizard's bedroom (complete with garderobe) completed.  The gate house rooms are currently empty until I figure what else to put in there.  I'll do those last as I still have additional modules to build.

Here's some more I've added on to my castle.  I've finished the kitchen, wine cellar and great hall.

UX7GlLg.jpg

Here's a better view of the kitchen and wine cellar.  And in case you're wondering, that is a flask of poison on top of that cabinet. :)

UM1grNF.jpg

After working on Skeleton Castle so much for so long, I felt it was time for a little bit of a change of pace.  So here's the Crown Castle for so far.
UzRDZRl.jpg

Larder on the left, dungeon in the middle and warden's room on the right.

UPDATE:

I've added a bit more to my Crown Castle.  I've added the buttery, and an armory in the guard tower.  There's also a non-functional trapdoor in the guard tower.

bQOATXC.jpg

Edited by SerenityInFire

Just finished the NEW gatehouse for the human castle.  I can't believe I forgot to put the sculpted lion head brick on it.  Oh well.

6oDKHeh.jpg

A new day, a new build.  This time it's a siege tower for the skeletons.  There's nothing specifically skeletonish about it, though, so I suppose it could be used by either side.

LZcdOPH.jpg

UPDATE:  I thought I'd add a Skeleton catapult I did awhile ago here.

4bbuLxx.jpg

UPDATE: Another day, another MOC.  This time, it's a guest carriage for the evil wizard from the Dragon Mountain set.  The top comes off and the sides fold out to seat two figures inside.  Another figure can sit in the front to direct the horses and there's a rumble seat in the back.  Unlike my previous guest carriage, this one is entirely my own design, and there's no room for a treasure chest.

9PY5z1k.jpg

Edited by SerenityInFire

It's been almost 24 hours, so I won't feel bad about double posting here. :)

Here's my latest MOC.  It's a watch tower for the humans.

eWBUNPM.jpg