dvogon

[L10 - Tython - BS] A strange bright in the temple

*Your entry has earned 18 XP*

Previously...

Fahne and Gruntar are following a Pyerce’s pilot who has escaped. After investigating an old destroyed AT-AT, they got some coordinates to follow.

Now they are going down the mountains where there is a large lake. Suddenly, they see something strange in some old ruins in the distance. The ruins are part of an ancient temple. Its entry has a strange blue light coming from the interior...

50992660511_72f44fabd1_b.jpg

The bright light coming from inside is almost white at the center but with big bluish glow hiding everything inside...

50992844492_dff336b700_b.jpg

Fahne: Do you still think it’s a good idea to enter in?

50992844497_1f089cf8ba_b.jpg

Gruntar: Not sure, I must say, but it’s the best hint we have now. This is the place we found in the AT-AT logs.

Spoiler

I tried to represent the bluish light from inside. A bit difficult using just bricks, I almost used all my blue bricks for that. Maybe the last photo with the focus blur represents it better. Hope you like it!

Edited by goatman461
Added more photos

A brilliant build in this temple MOC.
The steps are some nice detailing and i like the brick built blue light glow but i'm not sure theres enough of the single colour for the LTC.
Bar this slight critique, this temple is  brilliant and i'm enjoying the little narrative you have going now!

6 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

A brilliant build in this temple MOC.
The steps are some nice detailing and i like the brick built blue light glow but i'm not sure theres enough of the single colour for the LTC.
Bar this slight critique, this temple is  brilliant and i'm enjoying the little narrative you have going now!

Thanks! I used almost all my non-translucent blue bricks there. I used the idea of the lake to add additional blue to the scene and having blue as the dominant color.

1 minute ago, dvogon said:

Thanks! I used almost all my non-translucent blue bricks there. I used the idea of the lake to add additional blue to the scene and having blue as the dominant color.

I think the water compliments the build well, those additional images help show off the intriguing light much further

2 hours ago, n1majneb said:

I think the water compliments the build well, those additional images help show off the intriguing light much further

The main inspiration comes from this, then there is the thing to build something with limited parts count...

6a7c73b3dc9260b0a5a057d50eceb71d