TomSkippy

[SR - FB] Silversmith

One last free build for February. I've been wanting to build a silversmith for a while, the Studio chrome selection, luminous colors, sticker function, and latest Ideas Blacksmith gave me all the pieces I needed.

50992107761_343b8b4c6e_c.jpg

I clearly love this form of landscaping. The house is inspired by the Fromagerie build. 

50991414643_b778f20379_c.jpg

50992228572_85b28432f9_c.jpg

Inside the workshop.

50992107756_8ee4bc927b_c.jpg

A master absorbed in his work.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by TomSkippy

This is excellent! I love the exterior with the separate interior. It's a clever idea, so you can get a brilliant looking exterior without cramming an inside in their as well. 

Excellent build Tom,  and the paneling on the sides looks excellent. I like how the exterior is a slightly different scale than the minifig interiors, it looks very nice. 

This is really lovely, dark tan is a great choice for the color and the old style windows look so good here.  Love the silver dishes too.  Great little build!

Very nice - lovely interior and great job with the windows and siding to give this an awesome 1700s colonial feel!  Excellent presentation as well :pir-classic:

very neat build, it all fits together nicely. Excellent colour scheme, great interiors and funny little details, so great job!

Thanks guys! I toyed with making this with real bricks, but the cost of chrome plating a bunch of random parts really mixed the idea.

I’ve been working on an Ideas Pirate build for the last 6 weeks and I keep getting things that won’t quite fit the idea: (this building is one, so was the chapel and the cheese shop).

Really beautiful work, I really like the level of detail in both the interior and exterior. The cladding on the exterior is a particular highlight here and really elevates the build. Great work!

frontpaged.png.934cbdbf9cd0ee68dc2ef3842fb2b042.png

There is a lot to like here, and one of my favorite subtle details is the different greys you used in the smoke from the chimney.  It's great!  :sweet:

Nice series of vignettes! You included a lot of details and interesting techniques, and the rendering of your LDD is excellent: gold and silver usually look a little bit off, but in this case they are perfect!

That's a great scene, thanks for showing:-) I like the design of the outer wall a lot and the separation of exterior/interior is a good and fresh idea!