CapOnBOBS

[OL-FB] HRS Phoebe

The second large armed merchant man that had, had its keel laid in the Beauchamp Shipyard when the limited police action in Terraversa erupted into a Brick Seas wide conflagration. The HRS Phoebe is the prettier and slightly larger the two ladies, but not the stronger. 

HRS_Phoebe_2

The patriotic spirit of Breshaun and the shipyard has led to an assault of bunting on a ship that was already well decorated for a man-of-war. With ribbons in her hair, as she left Breshaun a month ago for her final sea trials, the HRS Phoebe is quite a head-turner.

HRS_Phoebe_2_2

Now, stopped at LOCATION REDACTED to take on supplies and receive new orders, the ship is a much needed addition to the fleet adding teeth to the underdog Oleon as they stand alone against the Red Coat giant. 

HRS_Phoebe_2_3

But, all the trim doesn't mean she doesn't pack a punch. The broadsides are each 19 heavy guns, plus 2 bow chasers and 2 stern, for 42 heavy guns altogether. 

HRS_Phoebe_2_8

The Captain is a reclusive man, he keeps his own counsel. Few aboard know the ship's next destination. Though with her ornate merchant-man stern section, the Brick Seas will know soon enough. 

https://flic.kr/p/2kFRCXT 

As Helios is the god of the sun, transporting the orb across the day's sky. Phoebe is the moon, carrying the lesser orb across the night's. 

HRS_Phoebe_2_6

And we see Phoebe again on the bow piece, flanked by chasers. 

HRS_Phoebe_2_4

As she glides over the water, she not only holds her two full gun decks, but still ample cargo space below deck. 

HRS_Phoebe_2_7

Edit: coming soon hidden content to side by side the Helios and Phoebe (the sun and the moon) which are a pair of similar ships deliberately built to go together, but are not "sisterships."

Edited by CapOnBOBS

3 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

The second large armed merchant man that had, had its keel laid in the Beauchamp Shipyard when the limited police action in Terraversa erupted into a Brick Seas wide conflagration. The HRS Phoebe is the prettier and slightly larger the two ladies, but not the stronger. 

HRS_Phoebe_2

The patriotic spirit of Breshaun and the shipyard has led to an assault of bunting on a ship that was already well decorated for a man-of-war. With ribbons in her hair, as she left Breshaun a month ago for her final sea trials, the HRS Phoebe is quite a head-turner.

:pir-love:

Another one for the frontpage!

@Faladrin, @Ayrlego and @Professor Thaum!

And the blog, @JintaiZ

Excellent build Cap, and I like the look of her a bit more than the other one you put out today. I think the gilding gives it just a slightly better colour palate, though they both hold up in construction the same in my opinion. 

I just love the feel of her, she looks so powerful! You definitely nailed the curves! (and that cross section is a great demonstration, thank you)

I'm curious, any particular ship you based her on? 

I like tall ships built with lego, and this one is a fine one, nice job CaponBobs!

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

:pir-love:

Another one for the frontpage!

@Faladrin, @Ayrlego and @Professor Thaum!

And the blog, @JintaiZ

Not immediately ! I already posted a ship recently. Keep it in memory for future posts. I'd really rather not put a Digital entry in Frontpage as I saw many great vessels and some more are incoming (My little finger told me there are ... )

Massive and super cool ship, beautiful curves!  Great choice of colors too.