Zilmrud

The journey of Parzival - Desert Daylight (Chapter II, part I)

The journey of Parzival
Chapter II, part I
Desert Daylight

Previous Chapter: Chapter I, part VI - The Secret work of Tabi

50982355962_796f9ef87f_c.jpg

The sun was high in the sky and the air vibrated in the hot sunshine. Most part of the Mophet residents and merchants was inside to protect them from the burning sun. After going trough the drain and sewer system under Mophet, Z and his companions came out though a opening in the end of the tunnel. They where blinded by the sunshine. They stood near the opening for awhile to let their eyes get accustomed to the sunlight. 

50982355797_af69692afa_c.jpg

Outside the tunnel it was a bit vegetation. But the surroundings was dry and full of stones and sand. The city wall was up on a cliff above the tunnel. 

Z took some steps outside and looked around. 

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg    "- We seem to be outside the city walls." Z said.

50989786558_f00d6b0f1b_s.jpg    "- Is it safe. Can you see anybody?" Pointy asked.

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg     "- I can't see anybody around" Z answered.

50990598032_8e3c4a33f4_s.jpg    "- We should get going so we can come as far as possible from the city before the sun sets. We should find somewhere safe to camp" Hammer said

50981542098_9f3fa566d5_c.jpg

50990598072_f439e34eaa_s.jpg    "- We should all cover our heads from the sun" Hoves said. "- And it will also help us to keep hidden from the mage and his mercenaries."

The all put on hoods over their heads and walked away.

50982355647_c30d08629d_c.jpg

They all started to walk to the north alongside the hillside beneath the city wall. After awhile the city wall turned to the east and a small trail led north away from the city into some bushes and vegetation.

50981541978_ed44a88132_c.jpg

50989786463_55e5840f40_s.jpg   "- We should follow the trail. The vegetation will keep us hidden" Right-eye said and pointed into the bushes.

When they walked away on the trail Z heard a familiar voice in his head.

48716615952_a191aa2711_s.jpg    "- Kraaah, Walker free again"

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg     "- Thanks for the help in Mophet"

48716615952_a191aa2711_s.jpg    "- Craw will help. Craw will look from skies on walker. Call Crow and Crow will come".

Crow sat on on the cliff beside the wall looking down at them, then he flew away to the north.

50982355512_1bd33787f4_c.jpg

Next part...

Spoiler

I started to build this MOC by looking on the gate of Mophet MOC @adde51 did for the summer joust 2019 (this one). I took his design to 95%, but I did it 2D.

50981541813_640f16ab3c.jpg

Then I tried to blend the three colours in the cliff. And I'm really pleased with the look. I tried to get some torch light from the tunnels by building trans orange 1x2x5 bricks and a flashlight from behind. You can see it a little bit in the close ups.

Edited by Zilmrud

Great job on the cliff side. I really envy your collection of nougat bricks, and you’ve put them to very good use in this piece. I also like that the culvert where the tunnel exits is the same color as the stone around it, like it was carved from the hillside. Nice work all around!

3 minutes ago, The Stad said:

Great job on the cliff side. I really envy your collection of nougat bricks, and you’ve put them to very good use in this piece. I also like that the culvert where the tunnel exits is the same color as the stone around it, like it was carved from the hillside. Nice work all around!

Thanks man! This is almost all of my nougat pieces :iamded_lol: So I have to take this apart to do the next MOC. I did this MOC after:

50982371532_da9a69666f_w.jpg

As yo can see it's almost only plates in nougat and the hill all in dark tan :grin:

I really like the colour use in this build with the transition from dark orange to dark tan (I am not good with the colour names of Lego), the bright green in the plants and the bright blue water drawing your attention to the minifigs. Great build!

Very cool layers of colored rockwork.  Really nice touch having the border break for the river too. 

The layered rock work is great.  The color combinations work very well together.  I like the way you also layered the vegetation to go with the layering of the rocks.  Good story to accompany the build.  

Wow, what a huge build!  I really like how you layered the rock by color.  It looks very realistic.  I think the scale really helps here, since it's hard to imagine how sewers could be big enough for a group of people to fit through, yet at this scale, it makes perfect sense.  The arch over the entrance is very nice, and the stream coming out looks great.  You have a good eye for desert flora, too.  I'm enjoying reading the journey of Parzival as he progresses!

On 3/23/2021 at 10:59 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

I really like the colour use in this build with the transition from dark orange to dark tan (I am not good with the colour names of Lego), the bright green in the plants and the bright blue water drawing your attention to the minifigs. Great build!

Thanks. Often when you think of building dessert you think tsn or dark tan. But it's alot of colours that works well with dessert. 

The water is perhaps a bit to clean looking. But it gives the MOC a oasis-ish feel to it. 

On 3/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very cool layers of colored rockwork.  Really nice touch having the border break for the river too. 

Thank you. I like the boarders that have spilled over the edge. It felt like it would be wrong to put a frame to stop the water :classic:

On 3/24/2021 at 2:45 AM, zoth33 said:

The layered rock work is great.  The color combinations work very well together.  I like the way you also layered the vegetation to go with the layering of the rocks.  Good story to accompany the build.  

Thanks. It is not always the lime vegetation works well in MOCs. But when you use it you have more use of bright green as an example. Do you see the scala foam pieces in bright green?

On 3/26/2021 at 2:19 AM, Grover said:

Wow, what a huge build!  I really like how you layered the rock by color.  It looks very realistic.  I think the scale really helps here, since it's hard to imagine how sewers could be big enough for a group of people to fit through, yet at this scale, it makes perfect sense.  The arch over the entrance is very nice, and the stream coming out looks great.  You have a good eye for desert flora, too.  I'm enjoying reading the journey of Parzival as he progresses!

Thanks alot. I thougt that Kaliphlin builds would be boring and colourless when I started with GoH. But so far I have started to like it. But they must get out of there soon so I can start build MOCs in Avalonia :laugh:

I'm glad that you like the story as well 

10 hours ago, Zilmrud said:

Thanks. Often when you think of building dessert you think tsn or dark tan. But it's alot of colours that works well with dessert. 

The water is perhaps a bit to clean looking. But it gives the MOC a oasis-ish feel to it. 

Thank you. I like the boarders that have spilled over the edge. It felt like it would be wrong to put a frame to stop the water :classic:

Thanks. It is not always the lime vegetation works well in MOCs. But when you use it you have more use of bright green as an example. Do you see the scala foam pieces in bright green?

Thanks alot. I thougt that Kaliphlin builds would be boring and colourless when I started with GoH. But so far I have started to like it. But they must get out of there soon so I can start build MOCs in Avalonia :laugh:

I'm glad that you like the story as well 

I did not notice that for some reason.  Nicely done.  

10 hours ago, Zilmrud said:

BTW, I found this kind of funny... desert is sand and no water.  Dessert is cake and ice cream. :head_back:  Just one letter difference.   I originally thought the title was a play on words before I saw the build, like "desert daylight" = "dessert delight". Now I need to build a bunch of people eating cake in the noon sun in the desert and can title it "Desert dessert daylight delight." :classic:

On 4/7/2021 at 4:50 AM, Grover said:

BTW, I found this kind of funny... desert is sand and no water.  Dessert is cake and ice cream. :head_back:  Just one letter difference.   I originally thought the title was a play on words before I saw the build, like "desert daylight" = "dessert delight". Now I need to build a bunch of people eating cake in the noon sun in the desert and can title it "Desert dessert daylight delight." :classic:

Hahahahaha :roflmao:

I hadn't noticed that. English wasn't my strongest subject in school :grin: