Sign in to follow this  
Count Vroskri

[SR-FB-Large Commerce] A Crab-filled Endeavour

Eddies and currents around Hellion's coast bring crabs to a small beach on the island. The locals have capitalized on this and they often use rowboats to force the crabs on shore and grab them with nets. A building has been built for the equipment and trades often occur near the premises. 

Crabbing Commerce

The boats force the crabs on shore. 

Crabbing Commerce

Spoiler

Thanks for viewing, C's and C's accepted as usual. @Professor Thaum (or anyone else that can help) - which forms do I fill out? Is it just the Property License Transaction Form, or are there others.

Edited by Count Vroskri

Very nice half-timbered house on the coast. Catching crabs is a profitable business. These can be sold to the restaurants.

I like the building, the wooden frame looks great, nice job with the water too.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

I like the building, the wooden frame looks great, nice job with the water too.

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, NOD said:

Very nice half-timbered house on the coast. Catching crabs is a profitable business. These can be sold to the restaurants.

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice work @Count Vroskri!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice one. Funny idea.

there is the Build submittal form to fill too. ( mandatory for every build - the property licence is just for properties attuned builds)

Thanks... I'll fill out those.

Nice build Vroski, the wood frame and the stonework look quite nice together. I think your shoreline is a tad bare, but otherwise great build. I really have seen you improve quite quickly on here, and it's quite impressive!

Nice build! I wonder if the crabs feel crabby after being forced ashore. In any case. I really like the frame work of the building and how it is diagonal to the baseplate. Just curious is there an interior to the building?

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Nice build Vroski, the wood frame and the stonework look quite nice together. I think your shoreline is a tad bare, but otherwise great build. I really have seen you improve quite quickly on here, and it's quite impressive!

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, merc said:

Nice build! I wonder if the crabs feel crabby after being forced ashore. In any case. I really like the frame work of the building and how it is diagonal to the baseplate. Just curious is there an interior to the building?

Maybe they do.. Sadly no interior although my next virtual moc may have a separate interior, like some of @TomSkippy's do. 

@Count Vroskrithanks for the shout out! You know I like this build!

The separate interior helps because I tend to make exteriors compact and interiors too busy, roofs frequently get in the way, especially on ships. I’m also tired of having to make the interior AND the exterior clean/seamless, and of course having to delete/cut a hole for the camera or light to see the interior. This is one of the major advantages of the modeling programs.

Thanks @TomSkippy for both the compliment and the advice. I can see the usefulness of this method, as you said. It will help if I wanted to add minifigs to the interior.