Jim

[CONTEST] Who would join a GBC contest?

GBC Contest  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a GBC contest?

There have been requests for a GBC contest, but I am not sure whether it will generate enough interest. So here's my question;

Who will join a GBC contest if we start one?

I would love to see one! Even though I probably won't participate myself, it would still be very entertaining to see the GBCs people come up with. I do think there should be a limit of how much pieces it can use, or otherwise people will try to make huge builds (which takes a lot of time) and then enter the contest with unfinished builds...

Edit: I clicked yes because I wanted to see the inspiring builds, but may or may not join myself.

Edited by JintaiZ

I most likely would. May be my only chance to win a medal :)
But also very curious to see what others will build that normally do not build GBC, even if that means I won't win a medal :)
So participation here might be low but once the contest starts I hope more will join that normally don't build GBC. It's fun to build (and challenging).

Edited by Berthil

19 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I would! I’m just wondering how much of the module could be brick-built.

A lot ogf GBCs modules use a mixture of system parts, brick, studded & studless

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Perhaps a poll would be in order?

We still haven't fixed the poll, but I will give it a try.

For those of you interested, fill out the elaborate poll :laugh:

Still unsure as I've never tried to build such things...

@Jim: Would there be a kind of a part or a size limit? Otherwise I think the biggest (and therefor size-wise-most-impressive) builds would win, while new users with less parts/money available won't stand a chance. But this is just my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, Jundis said:

Still unsure as I've never tried to build such things...

@Jim: Would there be a kind of a part or a size limit? Otherwise I think the biggest (and therefor size-wise-most-impressive) builds would win, while new users with less parts/money available won't stand a chance. But this is just my humble opinion.

I haven't really thought about the pratical implications. And I am most definitely not a GBC expert.

Alternatively, we could do a GBC theme month or something.

Voted No for taking part as it’s not something I’m in too and don’t have any balls for GBC but I would love to see what the community would come up with.

@Jim It may be a good idea to also vote on who would like to see a GBC contest (regardless of whether they will participate or not)

3 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

@Jim It may be a good idea to also vote on who would like to see a GBC contest (regardless of whether they will participate or not)

For me the potential number of participants is more important. We all like to look at GBC, so there will be enough interest to check out the contraptions. But having 100 people looking at 2 entries isn't what I'm aiming at.

If such a contest were arranged, I'd hope that there were no limits to the System parts usage, as they are often much more convenient for building walls, ramps and such.

Anyway, I'd be really interested in participating, though I have no idea if I have time to actually build something, and then there's the fact that I have almost no experience with these, so it's hard to come by something that's both "new" and works well. Still I'd like to try if at all possible.

I would like to see and take part in such a contest. I can't promise I would take part but hopefully there is enough support from others. Maybe we could be directed to other GBC's for inspiration.

H

I would like to join as GBC is another thing I have never built, but I can not promise I would really fu ish it for the contest. Most likely unfortunatelly not. 

I can't say for sure, depends on the timing really, and inspiration of course. Anyway, if this contest takes place, there should be no restrictions regarding parts usage (except that they are genuine LEGO) in order to attract as many builders as possible. Size limits also wouldn't be good I think. Definetly one module rule - as one module - one motor, or two at the most, but that is already out of GBC canon I guess...

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

Voted No for taking part as it’s not something I’m in too and don’t have any balls for GBC but I would love to see what the community would come up with.

Same for me. I only have 3 balls and there for my daughter's Friends sets.

I've wanted to make a module, but I don't got to shows or see the need to buy 20+ balls.