29 minutes ago, nano21 said:

instantly recognizable! I love how you captured the details of the real car. Would it convenient for you to show further pictures of the suspension and gearbox?

Folks...

if you are going to take the time to comment on a post then lets also take the time to READ the post.  There are multiple requests, and even one criticism for no videos, showing functions, etc....but  the OP already  mentioned he will be doing a video at some point in the next week or so.     

27 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

After looking at it for a moment I think area in front of the rear wheel arches could still be improved. Those angled liftarms leave gaps and don't flow very well with the rest of the bodywork.

I´ve had the same thought, being used to insert those helpful bionicle teeth everywhere to mitigate the triangles in such areas.

Edited by brunojj1

36 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Folks...

if you are going to take the time to comment on a post then lets also take the time to READ the post.  There are multiple requests, and even one criticism for no videos, showing functions, etc....but  the OP already  mentioned he will be doing a video at some point in the next week or so.     

I sincerely apologize for showing interest in this users model. Next time, I will try to keep my excitement in. I always thought it would be too intrusive to show interest in other peoples creations on the internet.

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

After looking at it for a moment I think area in front of the rear wheel arches could still be improved. Those angled liftarms leave gaps and don't flow very well with the rest of the bodywork.

I somewhat agree you you on this.  For a long while in the build I had a panel solution in place, but it didn't work well either.  I spent several days trying all different solutions, including using slope bricks and plates, but they looked even worse so in the end I settled with achieving a good line and accepting the little gaps.  If I find a way, it is a relatively simple mod.

16 minutes ago, nano21 said:

I sincerely apologize for showing interest in this users model. Next time, I will try to keep my excitement in. I always thought it would be too intrusive to show interest in other peoples creations on the internet.

Don't worry, no offence taken - you don't have to apologise.  I am about 80% of the way through building the CAD for this - which takes ages!!!  but it is far enough through to take some images of the inside.  I will make some clips of the working parts over this coming week.

And cheers to everyone for the comments so far. 

3 hours ago, nano21 said:

I did not mean to offend. I only know that as a poster, if you take the time to articulate details, and then folks as for details, making it clear they did not read your entire first post, or watch a video that as all their answers in it, it can be quite annoying.  

But...alas... we have pictures!  Thanks Paul for taking the time to do this.... can't wait to see more!

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

can't wait to see more!

I have started adding some CAD images on the main post. 

That gearbox looks incredible. I can never begin to comprehend how people design these things. I thought the Ultimatum gearbox was insane (and it is), but this is on another level. Absolutely fantastic design!

Edited by LvdH

Thank you so much for sharing the technical detials of the chassis. Man I'm in love with this gearbox, not to mention that superb suspension setup!:wub: Keep up the good work!

23 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

There are multiple requests, and even one criticism for no videos, showing functions, etc....but  the OP already  mentioned he will be doing a video at some point in the next week or so.     

Its technic... i feel functions should be the priority. When i see a thread for what is clearly a very accomplished moc and i scroll down the pics waiting for the technical pics only to find none, it feels like half-a-post. 3 or 4 pics of what under the skin doesn't seem an unreasonable expectation for a technic set. Its not Creator after all... 

27 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Its technic... i feel functions should be the priority. When i see a thread for what is clearly a very accomplished moc and i scroll down the pics waiting for the technical pics only to find none, it feels like half-a-post. 3 or 4 pics of what under the skin doesn't seem an unreasonable expectation for a technic set. Its not Creator after all... 

It's literary.  I feel reading should be a priority.  When I see a thread that has articulated that a video is coming, or at least stills of the insides are coming, and then people actually criticize a post for not posting any, I feel it is a half-a-response.   Reading an OP's entire post doesn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation before choosing to response to someone's post.....

Sorry for the smart a$% post.   Truly- I am.    Could not help myself   :blush:   - I'll see myself out. 

Joking a aside- your point is entirely accurate and valid just not pertinent.  It had nothing to do with my post :tongue:  

My post had nothing to do with you wanting more about the functioning of the MOC, which I agree with you is not a bad expectation.  It was about that the OP clearly said, right up front, that he was working on it.  And you decided to comment about the lack of posting regarding functioning anyways.   What this looks like is someone who is eager to point out something lacking in a post but not willing to actually read it.  

That was it.  You weren't the only one.  We all have done it... myself included :grin:  no biggie.... 

17 hours ago, Pvdb said:

I have started adding some CAD images on the main post. 

Yes and TY.  Like others, looking at the gear box gives me a headache.  I will have to study it more to understand it.  It is pretty humbling to barely be able to understand something that others actually create.  Thanks for sticking with the project.... it is sure fun to observe and admire.  

@Pvdb : Please update one picture and teach a new lesson every day - we will try to be patient and comprehensive :classic:. I think I slowly get the idea with the gear sequence. The one gearbox is being alternated / skipped every second 90-degree turn while the other switches permanently. Given the fact you are always using the space behind the differential to add some gears, why don´t you use the differential itself as transmitter and engage it from both sides? Of course that would require a whole different setup, but I´m just wondering..

16 minutes ago, God said:

I love it 

Welcome to EB! Please choose a better nick, it´s pure blasphemy. Thank you.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

@Pvdb : Please update one picture and teach a new lesson every day - we will try to be patient and comprehensive :classic:. I think I slowly get the idea with the gear sequence. The one gearbox is being alternated / skipped every second 90-degree turn while the other switches permanently. Given the fact you are always using the space behind the differential to add some gears, why don´t you use the differential itself as transmitter and engage it from both sides? Of course that would require a whole different setup, but I´m just wondering..

That's right about the gearbox - .  As for the differential, in my early designs I did engage from either side, but eventually found that in the space I had available, and for the gear ratios I needed, it was easier to engage from the one side.  

Okay I gotta say I can't completely grasp how the gearbox works just by looking at the picture. (I build manual transmissions, so maybe that's why I have trouble understanding the workings of a more complicated sequential gearbox). Maybe I'll try to build it if I can find the needed parts.

But I can see you made a reverse gear without using small 8gears like many others do. Well done! This can make it run pretty smooth.

The blessing of a mid-engine car is that there is a lot of space beneath the engine for a complicated gearbox. I belive you've got more room in this 1:10 MOC than I have in most of my 1:8 MOCs, because rear seats are a thing :head_back::ugh:

I like to see 1:10 scale cars and flex axles, awesome car much.better and complex than a lot of bigger scale cars. I am in the opposite I try to use the less pieces I can and only show the main lines of the bodywork but we will see what we have.

I have put together a short clip showing some of the functions this evening.  I need to do a bit more work on a spare chassis I built so that I can also create a clip of the gearbox working - in the mean time.........

I understand the no ackerman steering but I would like to know what is the average turning radius for a supercar, just curiosity.

7 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I understand the no ackerman steering but I would like to know what is the average turning radius for a supercar, just curiosity.

I think that different cars will have very different turning radius. Limiting factor is the witdh of the wheels used, and the scale makes a difference too off course. The normal 1:8, wheels don't allow for a good turning radius, because they are too wide.

I'll measure once I get home, and edit this post. But I already know the answer is "terrible" :laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I think that different cars will have very different turning radius. Limiting factor is the witdh of the wheels used, and the scale makes a difference too off course. The normal 1:8, wheels don't allow for a good turning radius, because they are too wide.

I'll measure once I get home, and edit this post. But I already know the answer is "terrible" :laugh_hard:

I was talking about real supercars :laugh: .

10 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I was talking about real supercars :laugh: .

I guess it doesn't matter too much, as you can just light up the rear tyres and spin it round  :pir-sweet:

11 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I don´t agree about the "normal" 1/8 wheels if you are talking about the Porsche/Bugatti/Sian rims. They have a deeper offset - means the attachment points meet the wheel hubs somewhere near the wheel center. This way they require less space within the wheelhouse to turn. Different story with the the smaller older standard rims (scale depends on the tires dimensions), including the Defender/Ferrari 42125 rims. Making it AWD sets limits to it as well because of the CV joints. It seems strange, but is a fact - the issue as such occurs in many builds from the best builders. Once you realise the wheels scrubbing somewhere after having almost finished your model, it´s almost impossible to get rid of the parts in the way...

Edited by brunojj1

@brunojj1 Yes the deep offset is very good for making tight wheel wells, but my problem is that the wheel is so wide that the barrel will rub on the wishbones if you turn the wheel too far. A less wide wheel, like the land rover wheel, does not have that problem to this extent. I wish there was a wheel in 1:8 Wheel diameter and land rover wheel width and offset. That would be perfect.

Edited by Gray Gear