After well over a year of on and off building I have just finally completed a MOC of the amazing Koenigsegg Jesko. 

The model features the great syncro dyhedral door opening mechanism which is operated manually via a small lever on the top of the dashboard.

It has the triplex suspension on the rear as most other Koenigsegg cars, but in this case also at the front.  both front and rear suspensions work well. 

The gearbox of the real Jesko is a real masterpiece that enables selection of any of the 9 gears on demand, or via the automated electronics.  It is also smaller and lighter through clever use of its gear combinations.  All of this was pretty impossible to replicate at the scale of this MOC with Lego, but it gave me some ideas for a slightly new concept for a 6 speed sequential gearbox with neutral and reverse.  I will make a short clip of how it works in the next week or so.  The gear shifters are hidden on the front dashboard, and also move the paddle shifters located at the steering wheel, which are more for show.

The rear wing is moveable and the front and rear of the car open up manually.  With the gearbox there is no space to fill this car full of battery boxes and motors to replicate the remote controlled opening of all of these doors, so I went with solutions that were simple to operate. 

A token HOG steering which is slightly hampered by the central windscreen strut - this central strut represents the resting position of the windscreen wiper on the real car, but in this case, adds some rigidity, and also defines the position of the front of the windscreen.

It was a fun but very challenging design process - especially the bodywork!!!  As for the wing mirrors, a nice little solution in terms of aesthetics but not particularly prone to staying perfectly in position!!!  They are staying though.  

640x406.jpg

640x427.jpg

640x427.jpg

640x749.jpg

640x960.jpg

640x427.jpg

640x427.jpg

640x686.jpg

Front Triplex Suspension

The two red shocks take the majority of the load.  This turned out to be a solid system and plenty firm enough not to sag.  One could also use the older 11949 steering hubs - but these are getting a little rare and expensive.

640x316.jpg

Rear Triplex Suspension

Quite a big improvement to the layout I used in the previous One:1.  It is robust and works well.

640x316.jpg

Gearbox

The space for the gearbox was constrained in terms of length and by the requirement to sit the engine as low as possible in the chassis thus it was a challenge to fit everything in.   Each shift toggles between the "ODD" and "EVEN" gears, and each second shift switches the other half of the gearbox.  Fitting it all in, and achieving the almost perfectly even step ratio between gears took a lot of experimentation and lot of evenings playing with Excel.  Neutral and reverse also fit in as part of the sequence as I like it that way in my gearboxes. 

In summary, a lot of gears to achieve half of what the real Koenigsegg gearbox achieves, and in double the space, but kind of fun to design, build and play with nonetheless and it runs pretty smoothly.  What is the point of building a (non-motorised) larger scale super car if you don't at least attempt to put a gearbox in it (42125???)

640x368.jpg

Video Clip

Edited by Pvdb
Added some technical info and images

Wow, very smooth bodywork! I like the overall look, classic black&white, but these small green accents really throw me off, thats not for me.

I also like the way you mounted these small winglets on the front bumper at an ange, using plate modified. Nice.

Can we get a video of the doors opening and the shifting mechanism? and maybe a pic of the transmission without the car (digital mabe)?

It has been a while since I was blown away by a moc, and so great to see you finish another masterpiece! It looks absolutely fantastic especially in this scale. Looking forward to seeing a video. 

To get the obvious question out of the way, any chance you'll be uploading instructions? 

Super! It’s so great to see you’ve stuck through to the end with this one! The lines are very pleasing and have achieved complex angles on a smaller scale. Congrats 🥳 

Great MOC!

I'd love to see a video, and: will there be instructions?

So if I got it right, it has a 6-speed gearbox? I wonder if anybody has ever done a 9-speed one...

Congratulations sir, what a joy to see this new masterpiece pop up out of nowhere! :excited:

Fantastic authentic replica, both internally and externally and a nice evolution compared to your one:1. It's a pity that the presentaion is so short, I think we'd all love to admire this MOC from some more angles and learn about some of the mechanical solutions in the chassis. Anyway, you've nailed all the curves with a consistent combination of panels, connectors and system bricks. Creative part usage troughout the whole model as well, such as the mirrors and front winglets.:thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing your great work with us, man :thumbup:! One can see at the first glance that you love building Koenigseggs and this is a very accurate build to say the least. Especially I love how you have shaped roof and spoiler. The rear view looks very clean and convincing. 

So are you willing to show more illustrations? Like a delicious underside picture? Is that an improved door mechanism compared to the previous one? Can you show us the gearbox which I have no doubts is genious? Moving paddle shifters? Does it fly :moar:??

Wow! What a view! A masterpiece! This all panels, connectors... fantastic angles!!! Congratulate on being fronpaged!! You definitely deserved this!!

This looks amazing! I quite like the colours, even the bits of lime. It mimics the real one perfectly. Only thing I’m not too sure on is the rear exhaust...

I saw "Paul" and I knew I had to take a look.  Design looks great... but even more curious about the functions. I read that you will be uploading a video in the future.... eager to see it.  Way to choose 1/10 scale.... this scale as opposed to 1/8 is really beginning to grow on me. TY for sharing...

All the comments are about the looks.. which are very well done ..but its a technic moc. Where's the technic?!! It looks as though there's a heave spring in the front suspension? And a new concept of gearbox is mentioned.. I'd love to see complex and accurate suspension, and the gearbox too.. so far its pretty, but..............

Looks nice! Ever since I heard about the real car's gearbox, I sort of wanted to try to model it in all its seven (or is it eight) clutch complexity, but I'm not sure I'd have the interest in finishing the bodywork, and I'm certain it would look far inferior to yours!

10 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

All the comments are about the looks.. which are very well done ..but its a technic moc. Where's the technic?!! It looks as though there's a heave spring in the front suspension? And a new concept of gearbox is mentioned.. I'd love to see complex and accurate suspension, and the gearbox too.. so far its pretty, but..............

No worries! The designer promised the video in a week or so, so we are all waiting :)

This looks amazing a must for any car fan!

Must be very talented and creative, there is no way I could do something like this even with a lifetime of practice and all the lego in the world

instantly recognizable! I love how you captured the details of the real car. Would it convenient for you to show further pictures of the suspension and gearbox?

After looking at it for a moment I think area in front of the rear wheel arches could still be improved. Those angled liftarms leave gaps and don't flow very well with the rest of the bodywork.