Sign in to follow this  
peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Post Office

I'd like to share my 13th modular. A modular post office.

6455 parts / building instruction is available at: https://rebrickable.com/users/peedeejay/mocs/

This was one of the most challenging facades I ever built, but I‘m quite happy how it turned out. Inside you can find also an architect‘s office. This gave me the chance to try some microscale building for the first time. Tree technique by Ralf Langer.

Here is a selection of images. All of them can be found on Flickr.

50987831368_2ec108d40b_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988646462_7f6244325e_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988538236_e26be2cd8e_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988646352_74a38c3744_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50987831208_4bf1ef10f9_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50987831178_dfbfc1b3f6_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988538051_1d1ed48d7e_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988646102_43aedcbf38_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988645972_dbd4af8117_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988537921_48554839de_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50988645857_b45ac2b6f4_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

50987830618_18becd258a_b.jpgLEGO Modular Post Office by peedeejay!, auf Flickr

Oh, this is nice! The patterned tiled flooring in the post office is simple yet effective, and I really like the architect's studio on the first and second floors. Its a great idea to have a micro-scale office building in the middle of the floor, poking through the landing above. Very creative, looks great. Thanks for sharing!

This is fantastic!  I really like the architects office with the double height scale model.  But i think my favourite part of the build is seeing the guy at the cashpoint first, then photocopying his money. Neat little touch! :laugh:

Great job! A very polished facade. I really like the interior details especially the photocopier and the design studio is also very well done!

Quite honestly, this is my favorite modular MOC. I really love the cool yellow for the main apartment section as well as those gorgeous olive trees. But I think the tile work, from the exterior walls to the interior floors, add a lot. The intricate angular pattern works really well for a formal post office floor.

Primarily collecting Star Wars sets makes me forget just how vibrant the LEGO color pallet actually is. You've done an awesome job. Lovely ornate exterior, brilliantly designed interior... definitely one of the better modular MOCs that I have seen.

Superb Peedeejay, this type of yellow is really great, i like the mix with white. You're very proloific these days, to much lockdown? ;)

Great job as always

Excellent design. The styling is done well, the diorama in the middle and how the floors work around is cool, and the guy photocopying cash is hilarious.

I love the way you've followed the Lego tradition of colouring the modular in an unusual colour. Bright light yellow is an unorthodox pick but it works imo.

As a sidenote, colour aside it reminds me of one of the banks in my hometown: same building shape, front door in the same place, windows in the same place on all storeys, cashpoint in the same place, even the antenna on the roof in the same place. Your building has more detailing, though - which is a good thing, since my local bank is actually a pretty boring-looking building.

I don't love the pale yellow, but man that interior is fantastic.  So much to look at and enjoy. 

6400 parts on a roughly regular size modular, wow! 

On 2/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, jimmynick said:

Oh, this is nice! The patterned tiled flooring in the post office is simple yet effective, and I really like the architect's studio on the first and second floors. Its a great idea to have a micro-scale office building in the middle of the floor, poking through the landing above. Very creative, looks great. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

On 2/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic modular, like always!

Thanks!

On 3/1/2021 at 5:04 AM, Dazzzy said:

This is fantastic!  I really like the architects office with the double height scale model.  But i think my favourite part of the build is seeing the guy at the cashpoint first, then photocopying his money. Neat little touch! :laugh:

Thanks! I thought about putting a newspaper in the photocopier first, but after I built the ATM I thought money to be the better fit. :D

On 3/1/2021 at 5:23 AM, caiman0637 said:

Incredible!

Thanks!

On 3/2/2021 at 10:06 PM, snaillad said:

Great job! A very polished facade. I really like the interior details especially the photocopier and the design studio is also very well done!

Thanks!  The facade honestly provided some sleepless nights and some things that I wanted to do were simply not possible with the given parts available, but I am very happy nonetheless. One of the key pieces that is hardly visible is 33909 btw.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:52 AM, Cocoa said:

Quite honestly, this is my favorite modular MOC. I really love the cool yellow for the main apartment section as well as those gorgeous olive trees. But I think the tile work, from the exterior walls to the interior floors, add a lot. The intricate angular pattern works really well for a formal post office floor.

Thanks! :)

On 3/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

Primarily collecting Star Wars sets makes me forget just how vibrant the LEGO color pallet actually is. You've done an awesome job. Lovely ornate exterior, brilliantly designed interior... definitely one of the better modular MOCs that I have seen.

Thanks!

On 3/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, jalemac34 said:

Superb Peedeejay, this type of yellow is really great, i like the mix with white. You're very proloific these days, to much lockdown? ;)

Great job as always

Thanks jale. Yea, I've been using the lockdown and dark winter to spend some time on new modulars. ;-)

On 3/3/2021 at 9:21 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Excellent design. The styling is done well, the diorama in the middle and how the floors work around is cool, and the guy photocopying cash is hilarious.

Thanks!

On 3/3/2021 at 10:59 PM, Alexandrina said:

I love the way you've followed the Lego tradition of colouring the modular in an unusual colour. Bright light yellow is an unorthodox pick but it works imo.

As a sidenote, colour aside it reminds me of one of the banks in my hometown: same building shape, front door in the same place, windows in the same place on all storeys, cashpoint in the same place, even the antenna on the roof in the same place. Your building has more detailing, though - which is a good thing, since my local bank is actually a pretty boring-looking building.

Thanks!

Funny that this is looking pretty similar to a bank in your hometown. My build did have an original building as inspiration but it's a normal residenctial building in my hometown Hamburg, which has a bar/restaurant in the ground floor. :)

On 3/7/2021 at 6:00 AM, Merlict said:

I don't love the pale yellow, but man that interior is fantastic.  So much to look at and enjoy. 

6400 parts on a roughly regular size modular, wow! 

Thanks! Yes, I went a bit crazy with the part count but it's mainly due to the internal structure of the facade needing hundrets of 1x1 SNOT bricks and 1x1 plates as well as the tiling. The microscale builds also eat a lot of parts. :D

On 3/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, peedeejay said:

Thanks! I thought about putting a newspaper in the photocopier first, but after I built the ATM I thought money to be the better fit. :D

I'm so glad you decided to go with the money instead of the newspaper. I also noticed the questionable nature of sending TNT through the post as well. :D

The design of the building looks perfect!  But it's those little touches of humour in the details, that really adds character for me. Well done! :)

Stunning moc. I love the color, it's so warm and really pretty for your eyes. The plants on both walls are awesome!

Altogether, a stunning building. To begin with, I think this light bright yellow (or what's it called) is a very realistic color for building's facade, at least around here. For that reason alone, it's probably one of my favourite colors. Considering a limited number of parts in this yellow, it's not so easy to create different patterns. 

However, being a fan of modular buildings, this one is simply amazing, both exterior and interior. I saw it before on Flickr, but haven't found enough time to comment until now. In addition to interesting facade with simple texture patterns on the higher floors, the ground floor is very attractive with the trees and very busy life. Interior is surprising, the architect's office really fills the space, and the gallery around the microscale skyscraper is a neat details. Well done. :thumbup: