Voting begins... :tongue:

Rules

And remember the points allocation:

--1st place -> 6 points

--2nd place -> 4 points

--3rd place -> 3 points

--4th place -> 2 points

--5th place -> 1 point

And the entries... (please look at all before voting :wink: )

Sir Nadroj: Peruvian River of Blood

Join our team of explorers as the drift down Peru's most famous river, the "River of Blood", named because of the odd, red coloured water, blamed on the hundreds of years of sacrifices performed there.

Startled, the adventurers realise they're about to go right over the falls, and disrupt a sacrifice!

But the angry tribesmen are the least of their problems. Watch out for the llama!

2463172164_ef07147666_o.jpg

2463172226_dcb56f2aa5_o.jpg

2463172288_5f4d161d7a_o.jpg

ExoBuilder: Wild West House

Hello! I took a step out of my comfort zone to venture into the Wild West theme. I have zero experience in this so I'll let you guys be the judges, please tell me what you think. I got some help from TheBrickster on some of this, thanks Mam'! :tongue: Onto the creation:

I went for a color scheme I've always liked, old grey and tan. Here's the front of the house.

contest_1.jpg

I wanted it to look old, hence the roof looking all tattered. The interior is kinda bleak, I couldn't fit much into this. I put the necessities in it; Food, drinks, a bed and a table. This is the kind of house where you wouldn't be staying too long, sorta like a motel.

contest_2.jpg

The back, not too much to talk about here, it's just the back :laugh:contest_3.jpg

~VBBN~: Roman Cathedral

N.B. This is not complete - he ran out of time :cry_sad:

ricecracker: North Pole Expedition

In the year of 1870, a group of 10 explorers and geographical experts set out for the north pole. They knew it would be dangerous, but not quite as much as it had been, they had already lost 7 members of the trip. As the last three were on the last trek to the pole, everything had been going smoothly. But in the middle of the trip, while they were in a valley of ice, they came across one last danger; open water AND a polar bear that were blocking their path. They sled musher was trying to get the dogs calm while his wife got out the rifle to kill the bear. The third and final trekker, who was killed in mountain climbing, tried to find a way around it, and just in case he made it all the way, he had a flag to place in the snow.

The whole scene:

phpk1bml8am.jpg

Without the figs

phpa4zv0gam.jpg

Just the figs (and animals)

phprm8xvpam.jpg

Wilhelm Screamer: Crown Knight Battle

The Knights of the Kingdom of the Crown never really could catch a break.

img_0299.jpg

img_0289.jpg

img_0274.jpg

And I have sent all the contestants the following PM:

Your second assignment will be to build in the Future-Fiction category:

This covers anything that you think will, could, or might have happened if they had had the technology then (e.g. steampunk). Star Wars doesn'y count, as it is licensed and happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

A list of actual Lego themes allowed:

-Steampunk, Space (including Technic space), Mecha, Exo-Force, Electropunk, Bionicle, Post-Apoc, Black Fantasy and all related themes and sub-themes e.t.c...

-Star Wars MOCs are not allowed, as they are a licensed theme, so do not fully reflect a builder's skill.

-MOCs based on any form of media are not allowed, as the original concept is not your own.

Remember, it must fit onto an area of 1500 square studs, and 3 photos 800x600.

You have until 7th July to enter, or you will be disqualified.

Do not create a thread for your MOC until after voting has finished.

PM me your entry, with deeplinks/links to your photos and a description, and I will release them once voting starts (just to avoid confusion in this thread).

Rules

:classic:

So far I've got entries from...

SirNadroj

ricecracker

~VBBN~

Wilhelm Screamer

Oops, I spelt triathlon wrong again...

These are all excellent entries :thumbup: , SirNadroj's river of blood looks great, and I like his use of SNOT and his animals. Exobuilder's wild west house looks pretty good as well I like the vegetation on the front, and the interior, but I think it could be improved by making it a better roof, and adding a small stable or something. VBBN your cathedral from the front looks pretty good I like the tower/roof portion that is coming up form the front of the building. Its to bad you ran out of time (and perhaps bricks) as this could look really cool completed, perhaps for the second round you should build something smaller so that you can for-sure finish it :wink: . Ricecracker another great use of SNOT :classic: I like the story, the overall scene including the characters, and this is a fairly creative idea since I think this is one of the few scenes built based around an expedition to the north pole. Wilhelm Screamer great castle battle scene I like all the action you've thrown into it and you have a few nice details (the tar for example), and you have a great number of knights. The only things I would suggest doing for you would be try adding vegetation or even a few rocks to the scene, as it looks rather plain in some areas a few trees wouldn't go amiss.

Overall great entries everyone, :sweet: I look forward to the next round, as for my vote it went to ricecracker because of his excellent use of SNOT, great story, good scene and characters, and the creativeness of the MOC.

Wilhelm Screamer great castle battle scene I like all the action you've thrown into it and you have a few nice details (the tar for example), and you have a great number of knights. The only things I would suggest doing for you would be try adding vegetation or even a few rocks to the scene, as it looks rather plain in some areas a few trees wouldn't go amiss.

At the end of that I still have 5 crownies and 6 vikings (one of which I have turned into a purist Thor mini-fig) that I could Not throw in.

$200 in bricks just does not go as far as it used to... :sad:

Edited by Wilhelm screamer

I went with VBBN's cathedral, as 1) I pitied him for not finishing it, and 2) I like all all of the details on the front.

Whew, round 1 done. This was fun, but the second one is even better. Mack: Actually, I am doing a smaller MOC this time, so I will be sure to finish it like you said.!

I went with VBBN's cathedral, as 1) I pitied him for not finishing it, and 2) I like all all of the details on the front.

Thanks!

What will happen with Wilhelm screamer since he has benn Edit: Sorry, meant bad kid(chambered)?

Regards,

VBBN, General

Edited by ~VBBN~

What will happen with Wilhelm screamer since he has benn Edit: Sorry, meant bad kid(chambered)?

Nothing - it's a joke, hence why it's his tag, not rank. He voted against Hinckley in a poll :tongue:

No, no, no. I have not been baned, that template was put there by Hinckley as a joke. Read this to find out.

No, no, no. I have not been baned, that template was put there by Hinckley as a joke. Read this to find out.

Hinckley had a little joke in the Fabuland Renaissance Poll... :laugh:

I voted for SirNadroj's entry, it's great! :wink:

Okay, I'm here to give some feedback. I'm a straightforward talker, so please don't take my words the wrong way. They're meant to be constructive and encouraging, but if they seem something else to any of you, I apologize. I respect all of you greatly, in any case.

In my opinion SirNadroj's creation was the best out of this bunch, so it got my vote. Though small, it showed some imaginative building techniques and choices. The setting was also very neat with all the nifty details (the llama's spit, the bloody fig, the braid made out of a vine etc.).

ExoBuilder's house looked bland to me, and nothing about it reminded me of Wild West. To me, the house was more middle-eastern.

VBBN's creation could've been grandiose, but at the state it's now, it's a bit of a mess. The front door looks great, but since it's unfinished I can assume that the time limit was a bit too much for him. An interesting idea though.

ricecracker's north pole expedition was clever, and it reminded me about the sad fate of the polar bears. The water in the cracks actually looks freezing. As a MOC, however, it seems a bit too simple for my taste. Great effort, though, and it deserves a second spot in my eyes.

And finally, Wilhelm Screamer. The MOC really suffers from the bad photo quality, which is a shame, since the theme is my favorite. The figs look great, and they're positioned well, but the whole MOC lacks something. I guess I'm thinking that there should've been more bricks to it, and not just a small army of minifigs and one part of a wall. The oil coming out of the barrel looks good, though.

That's it. Sandy's Whip of Tough Love has lashed once again.

Edited by Sandy

And finally, Wilhelm Screamer. The MOC really suffers from the bad photo quality, which is a shame, since the theme is my favorite. The figs look great, and they're positioned well, but the whole MOC lacks something. I guess I'm thinking that there should've been more bricks to it, and not just a small army of minifigs and one part of a wall. The oil coming out of the barrel looks good, though.

The bad photos are the result of me attempting to balance the only camera capable of taking photos of this massive thing on a candle holder because I have no tripod, and my hands would not stop shaking. :cry_sad:

As for more bricks... I already put $200 dollars into making this thing, what more could you want. (Didn't mean to sound rude)

As for more bricks... I already put $200 dollars into making this thing, what more could you want. (Didn't mean to sound rude)

Are you saying that you don't have any other lego bricks besides the ones you photographed? I wasn't asking you to buy anything, I simply said it could've used more bricks, like structures, vehicles or buildings. It's a fine collection of minifigs, I give you that, but it doesn't reflect your skills as a builder, really. And that, I believe, is the meaning of this competition.

Now, because I obviously upset you, you get a hug. *hugs Wilhelm* :sweet:

i voted for Jordan, as i think the snot work and ideas are great!

And i'd like to give a big thanks to everyone that has voted for me!

The bad photos are the result of me attempting to balance the only camera capable of taking photos of this massive thing on a candle holder because I have no tripod, and my hands would not stop shaking. :cry_sad:

My hands are pretty shaky as well, so here is a solution I came up with:

Your head is usually steady, so press the camera towards your face. I'm sure it looks ridicules, but you can usually still use the viewfinder and the results are clear and focused pictures. Combine this with good lighting and you will come a long way towards great pictures.

I think you have some good innovative uses of bricks in your creation Wilhelm screamer, but even the best creation will look bad if the quality of the pictures isn't up to par.

(I'm lazy. Do we have a photo-taking-tutorial on EB?)

i voted for ricecracker, i really loved the simplicity and grandeur of his icy tableau. i'm also a sucker for polar bears! :tongue: nice work, i look forward to the other rounds.

Finished my entry for the second category. It's not the best, but It will do okay. I need to tweak it a bit thoguh.

also, i think that you shouldn't put our names in, and just use the titles to vote.

again thanks to everyone who voted for me, and if you haven't already voted, vote for me! :tongue:

again thanks to everyone who voted for me, and if you haven't already voted, vote for me! :tongue:

Soliciting votes? :tongue::wink:

(Thanks, Danke, Gracias, Merci Bocoup, Domo arigato to those who voted for mine. (Heck, I spelled half of those wrong, right? Oh well, the pronunciation is correct; that's what matters! :laugh::grin::blush: )

When does voting end for this category, Cap'n? :classic:

Soliciting votes? :tongue::wink:

(Thanks, Danke, Gracias, Merci Bocoup, Domo arigato to those who voted for mine. (Heck, I spelled half of those wrong, right? Oh well, the pronunciation is correct; that's what matters! :laugh::grin::blush: )

When does voting end for this category, Cap'n? :classic:

well....... and right after i wrote that, someone voted for you :thumbdown::angry::wink:

BTW Jordan, who did you vote for?

I voted for SirNadroj. I like his use of SNOT, and that llama is just adorable. :wub:

does not compute..... wrong answer..... must vote again (im getting into the future theme :tongue:)

Wilhelm Screamer's reminds me of Forging the Sword, but SirNadroj gets my vote.