Sign in to follow this  
Scene

[MOC] Pulsewidth

I recently found my design mojo after several months of what I'm going to call 'MOCer's block', but after an intense 6-8 weeks of replacing an entire Oracle and SQL infrastucture my brain was in desperate need of some creative downtime. This is the latest of my designs I dubbed Puslewidth after a track name of a tune on one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's a hybri hauler/fighter with rear cargo doors, underside cargo ramp, opening cockpit, and retractable forward landing strut. The wings are also modular:

Pulsewidth 01

Pulsewidth 03

Pulsewidth 04

Pulsewidth 02

Edited by Scene

I really like it, the colour scheme works well together. The shaping certainly lends itself well to a light cargo transport/fighter style. I find myself wanting to see this from more angles to appreciate it better, such as the upper main body section from the side. 

Nice use of the techbic parts off the engines too! 

The only criticism I'd have, is the guns seem more like sensor probes than some kind of gun/cannon/attack weapon. Other than that, great job! 

I like this. It's a clean and simple design, not too bogged down in complexities, and it looks great. To me, in fact, it looks like it could have been a Lego Space set, in a world without Star Wars. Colour scheme aside, it seems like a natural evolution of the Space sets of the early 90s, transported to the modern day. And the colour scheme works a treat! 

On 3/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, Fuppylodders said:

I really like it, the colour scheme works well together. The shaping certainly lends itself well to a light cargo transport/fighter style. I find myself wanting to see this from more angles to appreciate it better, such as the upper main body section from the side. 

Nice use of the techbic parts off the engines too! 

The only criticism I'd have, is the guns seem more like sensor probes than some kind of gun/cannon/attack weapon. Other than that, great job! 

Thanks. I do have some more renders fro different angles. The front guns/cannons were more of an initial concept, but I guess they could be considered as ion cannons/blasters. I also made some adjustments to the design that allow the top to be removed to allow access:

Pulsewidth 15

Pulsewidth 16

I'm still trying to work on a better seat design as the current one is a bit of a rush job.

23 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I like this. It's a clean and simple design, not too bogged down in complexities, and it looks great. To me, in fact, it looks like it could have been a Lego Space set, in a world without Star Wars. Colour scheme aside, it seems like a natural evolution of the Space sets of the early 90s, transported to the modern day. And the colour scheme works a treat! 

Edited by Scene

Sleek but not slippery, imposing but not evil. Listening to Pulsewidth and it definitely fits!

On 3/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, EamonnMR said:

Sleek but not slippery, imposing but not evil. Listening to Pulsewidth and it definitely fits!

Love the description :)