Sign in to follow this  
Kdapt-Preacher

MOC: 1:1455 Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier

800x502.png

You can download the Stud.io file for free from Rebrickable!

The Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier, also known in Legends as the Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser, is a light carrier used by the Imperial Navy. At 340 meters long and with a complement of 48 TIE fighters, the Quasar Fire is perfectly equipped for fleet support, planetary control, and light engagements where a Star Destroyer would be overkill.

800x450.jpg
I'm far from the first person to design a MOC of the Quasar Fire, and in fact several others have been made at this same scale, but there were two features I wanted that the other MOCs I found didn't have: the sloped section on top of the ship (which is a new addition to the ship's canon design; the Legends version had a flat and very boring top surface), and a proper interior and blue shielding on the hangar bays, both of which I consider essential to the look of the ship.
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg

This model is built at 1:1455 scale, or approximately 11.64 meters per stud, which is the same scale as 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer, all my other ships, and the huge number of other people's MOCs that are also designed to fit with the official Ultimate Collector Series ISDs. I specifically made sure that my Imperial shuttle and Sentinel-class landing craft could both dock in the hangars, as shown in Star Wars Rebels. I highly recommend displaying them together, 'cuz they look great.
800x450.jpg
The top section of the ship lifts off easily to allow access to the hangars, allowing you to display the ship and its auxiliary vehicles however you like. The Stud.io file includes several suggestions for interior decoration, including loaded and empty ceiling-mounted TIE fighter racks and a couple of floor-mounted gantries based on the ones depicted in Star Wars: Squadrons. Despite the top/forward section only being attached by a couple of studs, the model is quite sturdy.
800x450.jpg
Finally, as proof that you can indeed build this in real life, the Quasar Fire in all its glory:

800x600.JPG

That looks good. I really like  the tie fighter and lambda class shuttle designs though the whole build is fantastic. You've done well achieving the angles on what is a very narrow ship.